Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Patterson SPEC 1

  1. #1

    Patterson SPEC 1

    Patterson SPEC 1


    CYA accuracy fool friends:


    Patterson SPEC 1



    I can't wait to see Jeff Patterson's first SPEC ....



    And I hope I get to shoot it......


    Your cited accuracy fool friend, Bill Calfee

    ____________________


    PS:


    Jeff told me he is killer happy with the Muller that will probably go on it.....


    And he's already blueprinted SPEC One's V-3 action, including its DiOrio crescent firing pin...



    About the DiOrio crescent firing pin:


    It is the future.......that ain't even close...

    Name:  DSC01153.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  50.9 KB

    I can't wait.......

  2. #2

    Patterson SPEC guns...

    Patterson SPEC guns...


    CYA accuracy fool friends:


    I can't wait to see, and hopefully shoot, Patterson SPEC 1...


    Jeff is incorporating everything I used in my SPEC rifles...


    In addition..............


    All Patterson SPEC guns will have barrels taper lapped by Jeff...


    With the stocks bedded and finished by Jeff..



    CYA accuracy fool friends:



    Whomever winds up owning Patterson SPEC 1, will own a special piece of RFBR history....



    Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee


    __________________________


    PS:


    By the way....


    I understand there will be Patterson SPEC pistols too...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Calfee View Post
    Patterson SPEC guns...


    CYA accuracy fool friends:


    I can't wait to see, and hopefully shoot, Patterson SPEC 1...


    Jeff is incorporating everything I used in my SPEC rifles...


    In addition..............


    All Patterson SPEC guns will have barrels taper lapped by Jeff...


    With the stocks bedded and finished by Jeff..



    CYA accuracy fool friends:



    Whomever winds up owning Patterson SPEC 1, will own a special piece of RFBR history....



    Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee


    __________________________


    PS:


    By the way....


    I understand there will be Patterson SPEC pistols too...
    Bill,

    New Patterson Spec rifles becoming available is an exciting event.

    Do you know how these rifles will be marketed? Will it be like you did? Or does Jeff have another idea?

    TKH

  4. #4

    Friend TDX

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony K Harper View Post
    Bill,

    New Patterson Spec rifles becoming available is an exciting event.

    Do you know how these rifles will be marketed? Will it be like you did? Or does Jeff have another idea?

    TKH

    ______________________


    Friend TDX:


    I'm not sure how he's going to market them......



    I'm cited like you, and everyone else for that matter.


    Jeff told me his number one priority is they must be double killer accurate....


    Then he's going to make them visually spectacular..........


    In the same vein as Paladin...

    Name:  Paladin in black - Copy (4).jpg
Views: 346
Size:  46.5 KB


    Now don't hold me to this......or anything else I've said....I don't pretend to speak for JPAT...

    But I think he's going to carry on the tradition of my SPEC's, with respect to the receiver jeweling...


    In the same vein as MERLIN, for example.


    Name:  DSC02450 - Copy (3) - Copy.JPG
Views: 359
Size:  251.1 KB


    TDX:


    JPAT has not chosen a name for P-SPEC 1.........I don't think...


    I'm not sure whether he's going to use a name provided by the purchaser of P-SPEC 1, or, name it himself...


    But there is a name floating around for P-SPEC 1.......


    If Jeff decides to use it, and gives me permission, I'll post it....


    Your cited P-SPEC 1 fool friend, BC

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Calfee View Post

    ______________________


    Friend TDX:


    I'm not sure how he's going to market them......



    I'm cited like you, and everyone else for that matter.


    Jeff told me his number one priority is they must be double killer accurate....


    Then he's going to make them visually spectacular..........


    In the same vein as Paladin...

    Name:  Paladin in black - Copy (4).jpg
Views: 346
Size:  46.5 KB


    Now don't hold me to this......or anything else I've said....I don't pretend to speak for JPAT...

    But I think he's going to carry on the tradition of my SPEC's, with respect to the receiver jeweling...


    In the same vein as MERLIN, for example.


    Name:  DSC02450 - Copy (3) - Copy.JPG
Views: 359
Size:  251.1 KB


    TDX:


    JPAT has not chosen a name for P-SPEC 1.........I don't think...


    I'm not sure whether he's going to use a name provided by the purchaser of P-SPEC 1, or, name it himself...


    But there is a name floating around for P-SPEC 1.......


    If Jeff decides to use it, and gives me permission, I'll post it....


    Your cited P-SPEC 1 fool friend, BC
    Bill we got to start a campaign to get Jeff to start putting out the new Spec rifles.

    I know he has a full time business to run and people need his services but it is time for him to get these rifles built.

    Summers is coming and shooters are ready to get out to the range and shoot some matches.

    What do we need to do to get Jeff in gear??

    TKH

  6. #6

    Friend TDX

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony K Harper View Post
    Bill we got to start a campaign to get Jeff to start putting out the new Spec rifles.

    I know he has a full time business to run and people need his services but it is time for him to get these rifles built.

    Summers is coming and shooters are ready to get out to the range and shoot some matches.

    What do we need to do to get Jeff in gear??

    TKH



    ___________________________



    Friend TDX:


    JPAT is a busy man......


    But, he is working on P SPEC 1.....


    I believe he's got the DiOrio V-3 blueprinted completely...


    By the way, the V-3 doesn't need a lot of blueprinting.....although, all RFBR actions do, including the V-3..



    Maybe I should say he's "super blueprinting" this V-3....



    Super blueprinting: An example:


    On a lot of RFBR actions, especially with fully engraved chambers, the shooter finds when they close the breech bolt, they have to put their thumb on the back of the breech bolt and push it forward, to cause the extractors to snap over the rim and to push the round into the fully engraved chamber...

    Then they grab the bolt knob and finish closing the breech bolt, bringing the action to battery.


    No RFBR shooter should have to close the breech bolt to battery in this manner...



    One should be able to load a round, then push the breech bolt forward, and down, by the bolt handle knob only, and do this easily without having to place their thumb on the back of the breech bolt, and push, to assist the process.


    This requires lengthening the closing cams and timing the trigger/firing pin fall and case head penetration properly.


    One of the wonderful characteristics of the triple lug V-3, is that the closing cam is machined on the locking lugs proper, and, the V-3 is produced from materials that the schmidt can modify, blueprint, to his/her standards...


    (TDX, the folks I worked for all my RFBR schmidt career didn't care about the action manufacture's standards, no, they wanted "my" standards in their new builds, just as JPAT's customers want "his" standards in their new builds...)

    Anyway......

    If you blueprint a dual lug action by placing the closing cam on the locking lugs proper, you lose locking lug thrust above the center line of the breech bolt raceway........

    Which means the closing cam needs to be in the action of a dual lug action....


    And enough of it......cause it there's not enough closing cam to make easy, smooth bolt closer, it is most difficult to correct in the action proper...


    The DiOrio V-3 is the greatest "pure accuracy potential" RFBR action ever made...


    And they can be blueprinted into the slickest, easy functioning RFBR action ever made, to boot.


    JPAT is working on P SPEC 1....


    Your pistol fool friend, BC

  7. #7

    There will only be one J SPEC 1

    There will only be one J SPEC 1


    CYA acuracy fool friends:


    There will only be one J SPEC 1 Patterson SPEC gun......


    ( I used the word "gun" above, cause there will probably be Patterson SPEC Pistols.....(man I hope so)



    But P SPEC 1 will be special.....



    I can't hardly wait to get to shoot it...



    Your pistol fool friend, BC

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Calfee View Post
    There will only be one J SPEC 1


    CYA acuracy fool friends:


    There will only be one J SPEC 1 Patterson SPEC gun......


    ( I used the word "gun" above, cause there will probably be Patterson SPEC Pistols.....(man I hope so)



    But P SPEC 1 will be special.....



    I can't hardly wait to get to shoot it...



    Your pistol fool friend, BC
    You aren't the only one waiting for this rifle.

    I'm about to get up a petition to force J Pat to complete this rifle and shoot it somewhere!

    We want to know what this thing is all about.

    Come on Man! Get this thing done!

    TKH

  9. #9

    Friend TDX

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony K Harper View Post
    You aren't the only one waiting for this rifle.

    I'm about to get up a petition to force J Pat to complete this rifle and shoot it somewhere!

    We want to know what this thing is all about.

    Come on Man! Get this thing done!

    TKH


    ______________________________________


    Friend TDX:


    JPAT is working on P SPEC 1.......and it will be special....


    Now.....................


    This is off subject, but I need your opinion:


    TDX, besides yourself, is there another RFBR competitor capable of running with Chuck Morrell at the upcoming ARA Indoor Nationals, in March?



    (Tony, please don't try to be a diplomat here, by saying you can't run with the Chuckster....that won't wash with anyone who follows Big Time RFBR.....OK.)


    See, you and Chuck are currently in a league by yourselves....that's just the way it is...


    So again:


    Besides yourself, is there another RFBR competitor today that can run with the Chuckster?



    If so, who?


    Thank you in advance,,


    Your pistol fool friend, BC


    Name:  index - Copy.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  36.6 KB

    _____________________

    PS:

    TDX, an aside:


    Is there a competitor today who shoots a SAP contraption, that you believe has a serious chance of breaking Big Dog's ARA Indoor Nationals Record, come March?

    Again no diplomatic stuff.....OK..just tell it like it is....


    Name:  Big Dog and Black Death - Copy.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  62.3 KB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •