Price Gouging

Gotta wonder sometimes. Do people know the essential word in the definition of price gouging? Well I just gave to anybody that wants it. You can price gouge water, gasoline, food, etc. You can't price gouge rimfire ammo. You can ask a certain price that may seem high but nobody has to have it.

Friend Gingersnap

Gotta wonder sometimes. Do people know the essential word in the definition of price gouging? Well I just gave to anybody that wants it. You can price gouge water, gasoline, food, etc. You can't price gouge rimfire ammo. You can ask a certain price that may seem high but nobody has to have it.

Friend Gingersnap:

You're exactly right on....

Rimfire ammo isn't a necessity of life, like food, etc.

But.............

You and I both know the "players" in Big Time RFBR will pay the price....

Which when you think about it, demonstrates the stature of Big Time RFBR in the scheme of things...

Which is actually a compliment to the sport...when one ponders on it...

Your pistol fool friend, BC

PS:

Friend Gingersnap, you and I both know RFBR has been a rich mans sport since day one, 30 years ago...

Which actually is kinda kool......cause there ain't a thing in the world wrong with being rich....

Ain't nothing wrong with being rich...

Ain't nothing wrong with being rich...

Friend Gingersnap:

Wally, there ain't nothing wrong with being rich....

I've worked all my life and just barely missed being a millionaire......

By only $950,000.00.....................give or take a grand...

Wally, the "players" will pay the price.......cause they want to win....nothing else matters to them...

Nor to me........and I admire those "players" for their drive and determination......

No sir, there ain't a thing in the world wrong with being rich....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

Bill,

I don't know if you have to rich, at least by my definition, but you have to have some disposable income for sure. I've never been a "level playing field" supporter but at the same time if someone can spend $50,000 on ammo at one time and most people can't, are they better or just buying a win? In any event, there's no way I would do that, but some would. I think it comes down to how winning makes you feel. Personally, win or lose, I probably couldn't tell you in a month. But maybe if I won a big event I could.

I guess it's an individual thing.

Friend Gingersnap

Bill,

I don't know if you have to rich, at least by my definition, but you have to have some disposable income for sure. I've never been a "level playing field" supporter but at the same time if someone can spend $50,000 on ammo at one time and most people can't, are they better or just buying a win? In any event, there's no way I would do that, but some would. I think it comes down to how winning makes you feel. Personally, win or lose, I probably couldn't tell you in a month. But maybe if I won a big event I could.

I guess it's an individual thing.

Friend Gingersnap:

As a RFBR schmidt, the only thing I've worried about these past 30 years is winning Big National RFBR Events..

Where the "baddest of the bad" gather to see who is the baddest.

Wally, as a schmidt I won the first Big National RFBR Event, the 1992 BR-50 Nationals....

And as a RFBR schmidt I won the most recent Big National RFBR Event, the ARA Indoor Nationals, where Big Dog Set his mind blowing Record...

And over 100 Big National RFBR Events in between...

Wally, Townsend Whelen's famous quote, "Only accurate rifles are interesting", is like my feelings about RFBR competition:

"Only Big National RFBR Events are interesting"....

And I've felt this way for 30 years now...

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

Gingersnap, what I've said above is from my RFBR schmidt point of view.....

As a shooter, which I wasn't much good at, winning a club match was a thrill.....

By the way, if I were able to compete today I couldn't afford it.....even with me making my own pistols..

Your buddy, bc

Back
Top Bottom