Shooting BR-50.......

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Shooting BR-50.......

CYA accuracy fool friends:

I've already given my advice to CYankess about shooting BR-50..............with today's ammo...

We'd all love to be able to shoot BR-50, original BR-50 that is...

It is the greatest RFBR game of all time....

But the retro BR-50 target that's being used today simply compounds the bore glazing issue...

Therefore........

Once again, this is for CYankees only:

You do as you wish, but I would highly advise against shooting BR-50.....

It would be awesome if we could...

But this isn't 1994...........when you could shoot all you wanted, as fast as you wanted to, without fear of the bore of your killer barrel becoming glazed......

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

It would be awesome if we could shoot original BR-50 today....

But even shooting the original version would present the chance of glazing the bore of your killer RFBR gun..

Let alone shooting the retro BR-50 target with all the extra aiming bulls..

Eley Prime

I started shooting BR50 and IR50 in the ‘90s at Chief City Shooters Club. Eley Prime was used then and hasn’t changed. We used Eley Benchrest Gold and Gold Box Lapua. But mainly Eley BR Gold, I didn’t switch to Gold box Lapua til the ‘97 BR50 Nationals. I used Shilen barreled Time Precision rifle that was still winning when I sold it.

Friend JH

I started shooting BR50 and IR50 in the ‘90s at Chief City Shooters Club. Eley Prime was used then and hasn’t changed. We used Eley Benchrest Gold and Gold Box Lapua. But mainly Eley BR Gold, I didn’t switch to Gold box Lapua til the ‘97 BR50 Nationals. I used Shilen barreled Time Precision rifle that was still winning when I sold it.

Friend JH:

That was very honorable of you to sell a winning rifle.....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

This above advice is for CYankees only...

Shooting BR-50.......

I've already given my advice to CYankess about shooting BR-50..............with today's ammo...

We'd all love to be able to shoot BR-50, original BR-50 that is...

It is the greatest RFBR game of all time....

But the retro BR-50 target that's being used today simply compounds the bore glazing issue...

Therefore........

Once again, this is for CYankees only:

You do as you wish, but I would highly advise against shooting BR-50.....

It would be awesome if we could...

But this isn't 1994...........when you could shoot all you wanted, as fast as you wanted to, without fear of the bore of your killer barrel becoming glazed......

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

It would be awesome if we could shoot original BR-50 today....

But even shooting the original version would present the chance of glazing the bore of your killer RFBR gun..

Let alone shooting the retro BR-50 target with all the extra aiming bulls..

The above advice is for CYankees only...

The advice I've given about shooting BR-50 is for CYankees only.....

And of course CYankees do not have to follow it......

But................

Knowing what I do about the potential for bore glazing, especially for new, unseasoned bores, I would be remiss if I didn't offer my advice....

Honorable

Friend JH:

That was very honorable of you to sell a winning rifle.....

[/QUOT

I don’t know if I understand the usage of “honorable” in this case. It was a matter of necessity. Look up the results of the ‘97 Nationals, it was a good rifle.
I got a chance to buy the unused Turbo you built. At the time I couldn’t justify both rifles in my safe.

Honorable

I don’t understand the left hand knock on my selling a rifle. About this same time period I tried my damned hardest to get your money that was owed for building a Swindlehurst rifle for a local guy. In the meantime it took Donna Brown to get even a dud barrel put on that same Turbo. I’ve defended you at every turn and this is the thanks I get! Maybe the meaning of honorable fits at least one of us in this conversation.

Friend JH

Friend JH:

My use of the word "honorable" was meant as a compliment.....

I'm sorry you took it otherwise.

Please forgive me.

Your friend, BC

Here in lies the trouble with the internet

Too many times people take things to mean what was not intended.

In this case it was easy to make right, but in others it can be very difficult if not impossible to straighten out.

TKH

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom