Someone's thinking outside the box...

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool

CYA accuracy fool friends:

CYA is about advancing rimfire accuracy.....which is what benchrest shooting is all about...

I had an idea described to me by a "thinker", so I produced a little doodle of what I think this "thinker" described.

DSC06270 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

CYA accuracy fool friends, you may or may not grasp what this "thinker" envisions by looking at my rough doodle......

But this is so clever........

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

I have a feeling there's one individual who fully grasps what this rough doodle represents...

Maybe this was the "thinker's" idea...

CYA accuracy fool friends:

DSC06270 - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

Instead of this.....

DSC06270 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

You see, the slot in the bottom of the tang, where the cocking piece teat passes through it, is too wide for it to be used for resistance to cocking...........

So an alternative method for resistance to cocking must be used.....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

Kinda

looks like what the Holeshot actions use to center the cocking piece in the trigger and clock the whole bolt assembly. The big difference for the Holeshot actions is the pin does not move in the slot when fired. You say something is needed to resist cocking. How and what have all the current ones made use? I am guessing just the tang in the slot. If they are already perfect in ignition, why would you want to change them??

Friend Geo...

looks like what the Holeshot actions use to center the cocking piece in the trigger and clock the whole bolt assembly. The big difference for the Holeshot actions is the pin does not move in the slot when fired. You say something is needed to resist cocking. How and what have all the current ones made use? I am guessing just the tang in the slot. If they are already perfect in ignition, why would you want to change them??

Friend Geo:

Very observant......very...

Friend Geo, thank you for your comments......

Here's a quote from my last post, just above yours:

"You see, the slot in the bottom of the tang, where the cocking piece teat passes through it, is too wide for it to be used for resistance to cocking..........."

So I'm obviously not talking about a modification for Turbos....

Again thank you, but, what do you think these doodles actually represent?......if you don't mind answering..

In other words, what did the "thinker" envision this modification for?

Thank you again.....

I don't really know, but if it's not for a current PAS action, I guess someone is thinking about putting it in a 2500X. It seems like that it would be real hard to get everything lined up with the current pin slot in the 2500X and the trigger etc. Exact angles and locations with tolerances for all of the cuts in the body would be critical. If they were not exactly right, you would have extra friction and the pin fighting the teat. It seems to me it would be easier to make the teat fit the slot. I thought Stiller was going to put out a limited run of them some years back. I don't know whatever happened to them if anything. I have been out of shooting lately due to some health reasons and hadn't paid much attention. Honestly, I don't think it is worth the trouble, but that is just me.

Friend Geo

I don't really know, but if it's not for a current PAS action, I guess someone is thinking about putting it in a 2500X. It seems like that it would be real hard to get everything lined up with the current pin slot in the 2500X and the trigger etc. Exact angles and locations with tolerances for all of the cuts in the body would be critical. If they were not exactly right, you would have extra friction and the pin fighting the teat. It seems to me it would be easier to make the teat fit the slot. I thought Stiller was going to put out a limited run of them some years back. I don't know whatever happened to them if anything. I have been out of shooting lately due to some health reasons and hadn't paid much attention. Honestly, I don't think it is worth the trouble, but that is just me.

Friend Geo:

The best to you about your health issues.....and thank you for commenting again.

Friend Geo, I highlighted one of your comments in bold orange.

I heard this too, and if true, and if it's a "true" contemporaneous MD-PAS system, there can be only one reason they aren't in the field of competition today.

Would you care to venture a guess as to what that reason is?

Thank you again....

Friend Geo:

The best to you about your health issues.....and thank you for commenting again.

Friend Geo, I highlighted one of your comments in bold orange.

I heard this too, and if true, and if it's a "true" contemporaneous MD-PAS system, there can be only one reason they aren't in the field of competition today.

Would you care to venture a guess as to what that reason is?

Thank you again....

That's a good question. I would guess that he prototype'd them and decided it offered no advantage or maybe he ran out of time to finish the project. Maybe a combination of the above. IF it was truly better, I assume he would be using it, for sure on his guns. One thing for sure, if someone asks him, he will most likely give an answer. I find it strange that he is not allowed to post here. It seems like that would clear a lot of things up and make for some interesting discussions. I read a lot of the posts on Rimfire Accuracy, and it seems like he would be happy to get involved.

Friend Geo

That's a good question. I would guess that he prototype'd them and decided it offered no advantage or maybe he ran out of time to finish the project. Maybe a combination of the above. IF it was truly better, I assume he would be using it, for sure on his guns. One thing for sure, if someone asks him, he will most likely give an answer. I find it strange that he is not allowed to post here. It seems like that would clear a lot of things up and make for some interesting discussions. I read a lot of the posts on Rimfire Accuracy, and it seems like he would be happy to get involved.

Friend Geo:

Thank you again for your response...

Friend Geo, if Holeshot Arms has produced a "true" contemporaneous MD-PAS system, and tested it, MD-PAS Tridents and 2500X's would be in the field today, if, their goal is to provide the most accurate RFBR action possible for their patrons....

It would be impossible for anyone to "seriously" test a well blueprinted MD-PAS ignition action against any form of SAP ignition action, no matter how well blueprinted the SAP actions were, without discovering the difference in ignition uniformity between the two.

Back
Top Bottom