Loading ramp design

tentoten

G'day Mr Calfee,
I hope my picture shows up well enough.
Below is a picture of the loading ramp of my very accurate 10X XIII action.
Question. Is this loading ramp design looks quite the same as the one of the Turbo V3 and have you notice differences between the 10X and the V3 receivers in terms of width of the channel and the slope of the ramp ? IMG_20200821_154115[1].jpg

Friend tentoten

G'day Mr Calfee,
I hope my picture shows up well enough.
Below is a picture of the loading ramp of my very accurate 10X XIII action.
Question. Is this loading ramp design looks quite the same as the one of the Turbo V3 and have you notice differences between the 10X and the V3 receivers in terms of width of the channel and the slope of the ramp ?View attachment 2386

Friend tentoten:

I'm sorry, but I can't open your picture for some reason.

Otherwise, the late DiOrio actions use a V shaped loading ramp.....I believe the X-III uses a flat style loading ramp.

Which means they're not interchangeable......

The best improvement for the X-III loading ramp would be to use a Falcon loading ramp, which is the absolute best flat style loading ramp ever made.....

The Falcon loading ramp is adjustable, and the rim of the case does not ride down as deep at the rear of the ramp,

A properly adjusted Falcon loading ramp is as close to "drop in" as one can have in a flat style ramp...

It is a very clever design.......

As a matter of fact, there's a lot of very clever features about the Falcon action.....

The Falcon is without question the finest, pure accuracy, SAP ignition RFBR action ever produced......

For our SAP ignition friends it's kind of a shame it is no longer produced.

Your friend, Bill pistol fool Calfee

PS:

It might take some minor modification to fit the Falcon ramp to the X-III..........probably some needle file work on the ejector teat of the ramp....

Otherwise, the late DiOrio actions use a V shaped loading ramp.....I believe the X-III uses a flat style loading ramp.

Mr Calfee,

Don't feel sorry. Anyway, my picture wasn't that good.
From your description, I don't think it is a X-III loading ramp, for it is not flat.

Wally would describe it much better than me but I can try.

I will give my loadind ramp the nickname of "nose up" as the ammo has the nose up once it goes into the chamber compare to the "nose down" of an Anschutz loading ramp because the ammo has the nose down all the way to the chamber.

My loading ramp has a taper + a slope.
At the rear, the width of the ramp is quite large (much larger than the diameter at the rim of a ammo) and the depth = the rim.
Pushed forward, once the nose enters into the chamber the ammo has some degrees upward.
A bit further, once it gets the junction with the body of the case, it aligns perfectly by a upward motion of the all body of the case.

In advance, sorry if my description is not perfect. I try my best to describe the loading ramp of my awesome rifle of accuracy.

Can it be a Falcon loading ramp ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom