Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barrel clambs from France landed to Finland

Barrel clambs from France landed to Finland

We like to see how our French friend made barrel clambs are working.

First blood on test bench seems good and next step is that they goes to normal stock.

BR, Timo

Name:  Barrel clambs.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  162.7 KB

Name:  Barrel clambs 20 shots.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  26.9 KB

Friend gun fool Timo

Quote Originally Posted by Timo View Post

First blood on test bench seems good and next step is that they goes to normal stock.

BR, Timo

Friend gun fool Timo:

You Finish folks are gun fools, for sure.......

Looks like there's some gun fools in France, too......

Good luck....your pistol fool friend, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Timo View Post

BR, Timo

Timo,

Tell that French guy to send me that contraption immediately. If he can't make a hole bigger than that with all them shots I'll fix it for him.

TKH

IF this barrel clamb system gives as good or better accuracy as perfect bedding then good one is that you can change different actions to stock without bedding work.

We know that this system is enough good to prone shooters.Is this enough good to BR shooters? I dont know yet.First blood looks intresting.

"Sergey Kamenskiy had achieved the World record for the 3X40 with the first system (1187) but for several months has been using the second system with which he established the European Games record in Minsk with 1182".

Ps.There in picture you can see what I mean by "linear quided" test bench.

This V block is moving during bearings.Bearings tolerance/tightness is possible to change "non portable".

It has been good contraption to batch test benches.

Ps.We must keep up positive thinking! Only good thing I can find of this Covid time is that "Gun Fools" has 24/7 time to think & make "gun fools" things at home.

About developing I have always thought thisway: "You must have hundred thoughts,thinking more,you abandon lets say 90.Then you take 10 and research those more.
    Then you see that 8-9 / 10 has been waste of time,but maybe you find 1-2 thing what are better than old one.

And one very succesful business man said to me."If your all decisions need always at least 2 water proof tests, mostly of cases you are late"
    Sometimes better go as Bill sometimes say: "My guts tells".

Tony! We ordered only those clamps from Mr Pascal Bessy from France.Other parts of contraption made here.

www.primunition.com/

On Autumn 2020 this email worked: esprit.carabines@sfr.fr

Gun Fools are Gun Fools all over the world!

Lets see what happened when move those clamps to normal stock.Gun Fool Tapani promise to bully younger competitors on season 2021 with this contraption.But this is nothing new, he has done it with old contraptions too.

BR, Timo
    Last edited by Timo; 02-27-2021 at 04:44 AM.

Very interesting

Timo,

You have the most interesting stuff!

Does that clamp just make the whole barrel seem like one, much larger diameter, barrel do you think? Those unlimited rail guns use the 37 mm diameter barrels and there seems to be no need for a tuner on those things.

Tony

Early to say.Those irons what are clamped now (Turbo&Shilen Ratchet) are from hands of Anthony DiOrg.

We know pretty good what those irons make from normal bedding.They are good ones.Best I.R.50/50 card to 50 m in competition is 250/23 X.

It is easy to compare results.

Just looking what positions of clamps are giving best groups etc.There are differences.

Kids are not healthy if they dont play.

Now going on checking is more serious than my years ago done "Garage Gun Fool" tests from same idea. (Pictures).

When clamps were very near the muzzle it was very difficult to shoot because of small flexing of back part.....

BR, Timo

Name:  Telescope7.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  80.6 KB

Name:  Telescope8.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  56.6 KB

Friend gun fool Timo:

Friend gun fool Timo:

These pictures were taken in 2004.

They are of Randy Hopewell, of the Hopewell MD setting method, and his test contraption which used a rail to mount various contraptions by the barrel, and at different locations on the barrel, thereby floating the actions, like you're doing

What he discovered, and this is why we float barrels, is that a barrel can not be deadened in front of the receiver by clamping it because, the vibration length of the barrel becomes the length from the furthermost attachment point, on the barrel, to the muzzle...

This makes barrels technically so stiff that they are extremely difficult to stop the muzzle with the MD.

Friend gun fool Timo, we float barrels for a reason......several reasons.

Top picture is Randy testing a 52 Winchester contraption..
    Bottom picture is him testing an older Anschutz 54 contraption.

Name:  Randy Hopewell.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  169.3 KB

Name:  Cnv0077.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  120.4 KB

Name:  Cnv0078.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  109.0 KB

Friend gun fool Timo what Randy did discover, was the best position for the barrel clamps is like these pictures.

As close to the action as possible......

Keep in mind these pictures were taken in 2004......so there's not much new under the Sun that hasn't already been tried, just like the pictures you posted of your work with this idea...

Your pistol fool friend, BC

Timoís looks different

Bill,

Would the fact the the setup Timo has with the two clamps on it make it kind of a different beast?
    It seems to me that theTimo setup would be stiffening the whole barrel as opposed to a single point that just modifies the apparent barrel length?

Maybe itís all the same.

Tony

Friend aslap

Quote Originally Posted by aslap View Post
    Bill,

Would the fact the the setup Timo has with the two clamps on it make it kind of a different beast?
    It seems to me that theTimo setup would be stiffening the whole barrel as opposed to a single point that just modifies the apparent barrel length?

Maybe it’s all the same.

Tony

Friend aslap:

It's the same......

This has been tried for years without success.....

I'm sorry....

Your friend, BC

PS:

Randy Hopewell tried every length between the rings possible, on the barrels..

The best accuracy came with the rings positioned like the pictures..

He also used every material he could think of to pad the rings...

It's citing to think some new discovery is about to be made.....

But........................

Thanks

Bill,

The story of my life....

Tony