Thread: Must ask

Hybrid View

Must ask

Something wrong again in my morning coffee? Giving odd thoughts....

I was too much hunting&fishing when other guys were studing physics and I dont have wireless vibration measuring equipment and thats why I must ask:

*If we get barrels vibration frequency little down (slower), are we getting same time barrels stopped time little longer when vibration movement stops up and down place???

BR, Timo

Friend gun fool Timo

Quote Originally Posted by Timo View Post
    Something wrong again in my morning coffee? Giving odd thoughts....

I was too much hunting&fishing when other guys were studing physics and I dont have wireless vibration measuring equipment and thats why I must ask:

*If we get barrels vibration frequency little down (slower), are we getting same time barrels stopped time little longer when vibration movement stops up and down place???

BR, Timo

Friend gun fool Timo:

If a muzzle device worked by that idiotic compensation theory nonsense, then the frequency rate wouldn't matter cause the MD would compensate for it....which is of course nonsense....just like the compensation theory itself...

And of course if that goofy compensation nonsense were real, we wouldn't have to deal with the .150" of vertical caused by the velocity variation of the ammo we use, either......but we do have to deal with it, which demonstrates that there is no such thing as compensation.....

Friend Timo, the thing I term the "parallel node" has length....

As long as the frequency rate stays within the working length of the "parallel node", killer accuracy will be had...

But..............a muzzle is only "stopped" when the exact center of the parallel node is at the exit of the crown...

Which is what a MD does..............

That is, on a contraption that's capable of having its muzzle stopped, and the MD is positioned properly past the exit of the crown and weight properly...

Here's an example of maybe what you're asking:

Years ago Eley produced some higher velocity ammo, both red and black box...

The velocity ran 1150 to 1200, or so, depending on the lot...

I tested it using one of my Turbo slaves, with the muzzle "stopped"......

I did not have to adjust the MD when shooting the standard 1050 velocity ammo, or, the 1150-1200 velocity stuff..

The worst problem with that HV ammo was its sensitivity to wind.......which was bad....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

PS:

Friend Timo, if the muzzle had not been "stopped" on my slave contraption, I could not have shot both the 1050 ammo and the 1150-1200 stuff equally well....most likely..

One other very important point.....

Could I have mixed up the 1050 and 1150-1200 ammo and would they have shot in the same group?

Oh no, that's impossible.....

There was a vast difference in the height of the groups on the target, with the same scope setting...

But they shot groups equally well.....cause the muzzle was stopped on my slave...

I was also part of english lessons hunting and fishing. Sometimes it is difficult to explain what I mean.I try again.

I was thinking this:

If we can make barrel vibration frequency lower. When barrel is vibrating and barrel vibration is stopping ofcourse when going up and down.

Is this stopping time up/down longer if we can lower barrels vibration frequency?

Lets say that normal V3 speed variation is now on 22 LR ammo 20 feet/s and it gives this 0,15 " vertical to 50 m.

IF we can get barrel vibration frequence little down and IF (big IF) then stopping time is little longer can we then wait that then we have possibility to get ammo with 35 feet/s V3 variation shoot 0,15" vertical also...

Those wireless vibration measuring equipments has had fast developing last years and I think we need one to check those things.

BR, Timo

Ps.And I am with same opinion with you STRONGLY that only 22 LR makers can MOSTLY help us to get this 0,15 " group spread smaller!!!!

Friend gun fool Timo

Quote Originally Posted by Timo View Post
    I was also part of english lessons hunting and fishing. Sometimes it is difficult to explain what I mean.I try again.

I was thinking this:

If we can make barrel vibration frequency lower. When barrel is vibrating and barrel vibration is stopping ofcourse when going up and down.

Is this stopping time up/down longer if we can lower barrels vibration frequency?

Lets say that normal V3 speed variation is now on 22 LR ammo 20 feet/s and it gives this 0,15 " vertical to 50 m.

IF we can get barrel vibration frequence little down and IF (big IF) then stopping time is little longer can we then wait that then we have possibility to get ammo with 35 feet/s V3 variation shoot 0,15" vertical also...

Those wireless vibration measuring equipments has had fast developing last years and I think we need one to check those things.

BR, Timo

Ps.And I am with same opinion with you STRONGLY that only 22 LR makers can MOSTLY help us to get this 0,15 " group spread smaller!!!!

Friend gun fool Timo:

When the muzzle is stopped, that's exactly what it means.......there is no up and down movement...

I'm afraid you've been infected with the compensation nonsense....
    ( I hope not)

Friend Timo, if we could control the up and down movement, then we could flat line a RFBR gun, but we can't...

I'll repeat again, when the muzzle is stopped, it is stopped, totally motionless, zero up and down movement.

Your pistol fool friend, BC

PS:

Friend Timo, maybe this will help:

A "stopped muzzle" does not mean that when a round is fired, the muzzle starts moving up and down, then it always "stops" at the same place every time........

No, a stopped muzzle does not work this way....

A stopped muzzle is stationary........no up and down..

Therefore, slowing down the frequency of the barrel vibrations would not allow 35 fps variation ammo to shoot into .150" like does 20 fps variation ammo....