Thread: A Patterson video on proper blueprinting...

A Patterson video on proper blueprinting...

A Patterson video on proper blueprinting...

CYA accuracy fool friends:

All custom RFBR actions must be properly blue printed.....there are no exceptions....again I repeat, there are no exceptions..

This video shows a V-3 that JPAT has properly blue printed...

The closing cams have been properly blueprinted and the ignition has been properly blueprinted with the correct distance off the firing pins mechanical stop established, and, the case head penetration established...

The trigger hanger has been properly positioned for "one finger", ease of bolt closer, while at the same time giving the required firing pin travel....

Also keep in mind the barrel JPAT has on this V-3 action incorporates a fully engraved chamber...

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

Video link...

https://youtu.be/AjAHFJ16Ehs

PS:

In this video where JPAT talks about someone at the Indoor Nationals having to place their thumb on the back of the breech bolt to get a round seated before closing the handle down...

JPAT told me this wasn't on a Turbo action.....

Although there's Turbo actions, too, where the shooter has to push the bolt home with their thumb before dropping the bolt handle...

All custom RFBR actions must be thoroughly blueprinted....there are no exceptions...

This is the way an action should function...

This is the way an action should function...

This video of JPAT'S demonstrates the way a RFBR action should function...

https://youtu.be/AjAHFJ16Ehs

I want to stress again, the action JPAT was talking about, from the Indoor Nationals, that the owner had to push on the back of the breech bolt with his thumb to be able to chamber a round, was not a Turbo action...

Although I've seen Turbos that the owner had to push the back of the breech bolt with their thumb, too...

All custom RFBR actions have to be properly blueprinted...

There are no exceptions..........none...

For new shooters, or seasoned shooters wanting to start a new build...

Do not allow anyone to sway you into believing there's such a thing as a barrel ready, blueprint proof custom RFBR action.

There is no such thing.....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

There is no such animal...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Calfee View Post

For new shooters, or seasoned shooters wanting to start a new build...

Do not allow anyone to sway you into believing there's such a thing as a barrel ready, blueprint proof custom RFBR action.

There is no such thing.....

There is no such animal as a "blueprint proof" custom RFBR action.

All custom RFBR actions must be properly blueprinted.......because they all need it..

There are no exceptions.......

Never allow anyone to sway you into believing otherwise...

And the irony of it is.............

That some of the custom RFBR actions that are claimed to be barrel ready, are in the greatest need of blueprinting...

Just like the SAP ignition action from the Indoor Nat's JPAT refers to in his video, where the owner had to use thumb pressure on the back of the breech bolt to be able to move it forward enough so he could lower the bolt handle......

Do not allow anyone to sway you into believing there's such an animal as a "barrel ready" custom RFBR action..

There is no such animal...

Closing Cams Follow Up Video

Hi Bill,

Since you had posted the link to the first video here, I thought it would be appropriate to mention that I have made a second demonstration video as a follow up.

I had a lot of positive feed back on the first video, one individual mention that having the extractor/ejectors in place has an effect on the closing and recommended a follow up video. This second video has the extractors in place and I also set the rifle on a one piece rest to demonstrate the same position as being in a match.

Here is the youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KaBHavEtqc

Hope it's enjoyed and found to be interesting.

Jeff Patterson

Friend JP65

Quote Originally Posted by JP65 View Post
    Hi Bill,

Since you had posted the link to the first video here, I thought it would be appropriate to mention that I have made a second demonstration video as a follow up.

I had a lot of positive feed back on the first video, one individual mention that having the extractor/ejectors in place has an effect on the closing and recommended a follow up video. This second video has the extractors in place and I also set the rifle on a one piece rest to demonstrate the same position as being in a match.

Here is the youtube link:

Hope it's enjoyed and found to be interesting.

Jeff Patterson

Friend JP65:

Now that's the way a RFBR action should function....

And I know you use "fully" engraved chambers.....

You could tell that by the last round being pulled out, the ever so slight hesitation as the round was being pulled from your fully engraved chamber, then how it shot across the room from the inertia of the breech bolt moving rearward so quickly.

Excellent video.....that is how a RFBR action should function...

Oh, and by the way.....

You hear folks complain about the difficulty of opening the breech bolt on a triple lug action.......

You were opening that V-3 with one finger.......

And I know you've got the ignition blueprinted perfectly.....with the correct footprint depth and the correct distance off the firing pin mechanical stop.....

Jeff, I can't wait until you get to playing with my old RTB test rig...

One of the first things I hope you find time to do is this:

Test different lots of ammo by letting the contraption free recoil in the RTB, then locking the RTB down like they do in an ammo test facility, to determine if ammo shoots differently when the contraption is locked down, or, allowed to recoil, initial retardation, like a contraption does in the real world at a match......

Your video link again....