Benchrest shooting is about accuracy

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Benchrest shooting is about accuracy

CYA accuracy fool friends:

Benchrest shooting is about accuracy.......improving accuracy....

CYankee accuracy is dedicated to that goal...

Which means "telling it like it is" concerning the things that improve rimfire accuracy.

And when it's told like it is, sometimes some scared cows may get skewered in the process...

As an example, the SAP ignition verses MD-PAS ignition issue which is maybe the most important consideration in advancing rimfire accuracy....

All else being equal, uniformity of ignition is what produces the overwhelming majority of the big aggs and big targets at the Big National RFBR Indoor Events...

The bottom line is this, and it's been this way for over 23 years, now, since the introduction of Flash Ebert's Turbo RFBR action:

No form of SAP rimfire ignition is capable of producing uniformity of ignition to the level of well blueprinted MD-PAS ignition....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

PS:

I apologize that it's taken me so long to find out....

I have it from two reliable sources that competitor #8 uses a SAP ignition contraption.

So I've upgraded the ignition used by the top ten at the 2021, IR-50 Outdoor 10-SHOT Nationals..

2021 10-SHOT Outdoor Narionals.jpg

Note:

If ever there were definitive conformation of the "ignition uniformity" superiority of MD-PAS ignition verses SAP ignition, this match result is that conformation...

Because 10-SHOT requires the ultimate in ignition uniformity of all RFBR disciplines...

Is it the shooter or the equipment?

I'll take three examples from the top ten at the 10-SHOT Outdoor Nationals, Mike Sherrill, Tony Harper and Chuck Morrell.

Here's the most defining question that could possible be asked: And the easiest to answer...

Throughout these three talented shooters careers, could they have done equally as well, or even better, if they had used the finest SAP ignition equipment instead of the MD-PAS equipment they built their reputations with?

The answer to this question is so easy, it's not even close:

NO

And Tony, Chuck and Mike fully concur.......

There's more, because it's too important a subject for there not to be more...

Every RFBR competitor on the face of the planet would love to own a "Black Death", "TDX", "Deuces Wild" or "Uncle Tom".

And to produce contraptions with their level of accuracy requires starting with a well blueprinted MD-PAS action.

Your pistol fool friends, BC

PS:

This is the most "defining" Big National Event match report concerning the subject of rimfire ignition in the history of contemporary RFBR....

Let's flip the coin...

Let's flip the coin...

Let's flip the coin...

I've already asked the question, if Chuck Morrell, Michael Sherrill and Tony Harper had been shooting SAP ignition contraptions all their careers, would they have done as well, or better, than they have by shooting MD-PAS contraptions?

And the answer wasn't even close, NO they would not have done as well....

By the way, this takes nothing away from their tremendous shooting ability.....

CYA accuracy fool friends, no one, no matter how talented they are, can shoot better than their contraption is capable of...

Now.....

Let's flip the coin...

What if Mr Stiller, who is also a talented shooter, had been shooting MD-PAS ignition contraptions all his shooting career, would he have done as well, or better, than he has shooting SAP ignition contraptions.

Again the answer isn't even close......YES, he would have done better....

CYA accuracy fool friends, I have a follow-up when I have some more time....

There's a very easy way to prove what I've talked about here....and one that would most certainly advance rimfire accuracy...

PS:

CYA is about advancing "serious" rimfire accuracy......straight up....

I wanted the 10-SHOT Outdoor Nationals more than any of my career..

I wanted the 10-SHOT Outdoor Nationals more than any of my career..

CTA accuracy fool friends:

I wanted the 10-SHOT Outdoor Nationals more than any Big National Event of my RFBR career..

As a RFBR schmidt I've won over 100 Big National Events......probably closer to 200.....over these past 31 years.

But I wanted the 10-SHOT Nationals more than any of my Big National Event wins..

And for multiple reasons...

First of all, 10-SHOT is the most "pure accuracy" demanding discipline in the world of contemporary RFBR.

And the match being at Kettlefoot, during the triple crown week of events, it would draw the most talented shooters in the world......

Which it did......

The 10-SHOT shooter talent included the "who's who" of big time competitors in all of RFBR...

The other three events did not have the talent level that 10-SHOT drew, for the very simple reason that Tony Harper, Bruce Hornstein and Chuck Morrell did not compete in those three..

And lastly, 10-SHOT is potentially the equalizer for IR-50 compared to ARA/PSL...

As it stands today, IR-50 ranks behind ARA/PSL in both attendance and stature...

!0-SHOT changes that, if the powers to be at IR-50 will make use of it.

So yes, the 10-SHOT Outdoor Nationals was the "Signature Event" of the triple crown week of events.

And in a prophetic sense, the 10-SHOT Nationals is also the "Signature Event" in the history of IR-50, and quite possible the "Signature Event" defining the future direction of rimfire accuracy advancement.

Therefore...............

I wanted the 10-SHOT Outdoor Nationals more than any Big National Event in my 31 year RFBR schmidt career..

And I still can't believe that I actually got it.....

Yes Billy, you actually won the 2021 IR-50 Outdoor 10-SHOT Nationals...

Lynn's Watercolor - Copy - Copy.jpg

Thank you Michael "Black Death" Sherrill....

Anothr Black Death photograph.jpg

Your appreciative pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

I'll get back to detailing the very simple way to demonstrate that Mr Stiller would have done better throughout his shooting career if he had used MD-PAS contraptions instead of SAP contraptions......

And I can pretty much guarantee that every "serious" RFBR shooter on Earth would love to see the demonstration I'll describe.....

Because.........

In addition to demonstrating Mr Stiller would have done better shooting MD-PAS contraptions throughout his shooting career, it has the potential to advance rimfire accuracy.....

I want post number 5 deleted immediately...

I want post number 5 deleted immediately...

Earlier this afternoon I went to pick up a grocery order and as I was bringing the first bag of groceries in, I stepped off the edge of my patio sidewalk and twisted my left knee....I managed to get the groceries in that needed to go in the fridge...then I took three aspirin and went to bed...

I just got up to get some Advil cause the aspirin aren't doing the job......and decided to turn on my machine..

I want post number 5 deleted IMMEDIATELY!

There's no place here at CYankee Accuracy for posts of that nature, NEVER.

Bill Calfee

I see post 5 hasn't been deleted...

Those Advil knocked me for a loop....but the knee is feeling better after a long sleep...

I was hoping the CYA member who posted it would delete it....

I'll leave it up till later in the day to give the poster time to delete it...

If it's not deleted by then I'll call ADMIN and have him delete it...

Now..............

Gingersnap and I pay for this site........

We have noting to sell and no advertising......

We do this for only one reason:

To advance rimfire accuracy.....

And I thoroughly enjoy discussing rimfire accuracy with "serious" folks who are also dedicated to advancing rimfire accuracy....

Therefore, CYA is not a "public" web site so being a member is a privilege, not a right....

And the one thing I can not tolerate are degrading comments about other human beings.

Evaluation and criticism, if necessary, of the components we use to advance rimfire accuracy, oh yes, because that's part of advancing rimfire accuracy, but not degrading other human beings....that's not part of advancing rimfire accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom