What if?......

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
What if?......

CYA accuracy fool friends:

I see Admin deleted post number 5 on the "Benchrest shooting is about accuracy" thread...

Thank you Admin.

Now, it's time to move on....

What if?

When Paul Tolvstad decided he needed a new build he already had a SAP ignition 2500X contraption that wasn't Big National Event winning capable....

What if Paul had had a MD-PAS ignition 2500X action available to use instead of the DiOrio V-3?

Paul is loyal to Killough Shooting Sports, since he worked there.....

And Killough Shooting Sports handles all the Holeshot Arms equipment....

So Paul used a Stiller MD, and a FF variation KSS sold trigger, and shoots Eley exclusively, on, and through, his new V-3 Turbo Patterson build...

But what if?

What if Paul Tolvstad would have had a Stiller MD-PAS ignition 2500X available?

I'll bet anyone on the face of the planet, because of his KSS loyalty, that Paul's new Patterson build would carry a Stiller MD-PAS ignition 2500X action instead of the V-3...

Your pistol fool friend Bill Calfee

PS:

Yes, the action on this magnificent Patterson build would be a MD-PAS 2500X if it had been available instead of the Turbo V-3, because of Paul's loyalty to KSS/Stiller....

DSC01719.jpg

DSC01721.jpg

An addendum:

There's not a single, SAP ignition, 2500X contraption shooter that if they could snap their fingers and their SAP ignition 2500X action would change to a MD-PAS ignition action instead, that would not immediately snap their fingers.......

There are no exceptions.......every, single, SAP ignition 2500X owner would snap their fingers...because they want their contraptions to be as accurate as humanly possible...

It's a no-brainer

It's a no-brainer

If there had been a MD-PAS 2500X action available, or better yet a MD-PAS Trident, I have no doubt Paul Tolvstad would have used one instead of the DiOrio V-3...

It's a no-brainer...

Paul already had a 2500X contraption that simply wasn't capable of potentially winning Big National Events...

And on top of that Paul knows, like we all do, that the overwhelming majority of the Big Aggs and Big Targets produced at the Big National Indoor Events are by MD-PAS ignition contraptions...

So even with his loyalty to KSS Paul had to use a MD-PAS ignition action for his new build...

And since no MD-PAS 2500X or Tridents were available Paul used the DiOrio V-3...

Paul Tolvstad is just like me..........as well as a bunch of other "serious" RFBR shooters..

There's no way Paul was going to start a new build with a SAP ignition RFBR action since he has aspirations of winning Big National Indoor Events and producing Big Aggs and Big Targets at the same..

I mean, it's a no-brainer of the highest magnitude....

MD-PAS ignition produces uniformity of ignition superior to any form of rimfire ignition which passes the firing pin through a coil spring...SAP ignition.

And ignition uniformity is the difference which produces the Big Aggs and Big Targets at the Big National Indoor Events.

All contraptions use the same components otherwise....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

PS:

If you're a 2500X or Trident owner and thinking:

"Calfee, there's no way I'd change my SAP ignition for MD-PAS ignition in my 2500X."

For the "one or two" 2500X or Trident contraption owners who might be thinking that, I guarantee you'd be the first to snap your fingers if this dream fantasy were a reality......

Advancing rimfire accuracy

Advancing rimfire accuracy

Advancing rimfire accuracy is why CYA exists.....

And one of the most important components of a RFBR gun is the action, because it determines the uniformity of ignition.

(Actually the action is THE most important component)

Because uniformity of ignition is what produces the Big Aggs and Big Targets at the Big National Indoor Events.

And the overwhelming majority of those Big Aggs and Big Targets are produced by MD-PAS ignition contraptions.

This is why I spend so much time on the subject of SAP ignition compared to MD-PAS ignition.

Which now leads to a most serious and extremely important question:

If the Holeshot Arms 2500X and Trident RFBR actions were produced in both SAP and MD-PAS ignition versions, is there a "serious" RFBR competitor on the face of the planet who would start a new build using the SAP ignition version?

The answer is of course, no.

Not a single, "serious", RFBR competitor anywhere on this planet would start a new build using the SAP ignition version.

No "serious" RFBR competitor would ever knowingly sacrifice any degree of accuracy in their new build...

No "serious" RFBR shooter is going to....

No "serious" RFBR shooter is going to....

No "serious" RFBR shooter is going to start a new build today with a SAP ignition action....

I mean, can you imagine Chuck Morrell, Tony Harper or Michael Sherrill starting a new build today with a SAP ignition action?

And Greg Monroe......after kicking out that mind blowing 2450 Agg, with two 2500's, can you imagine Greg starting a new build with a SAP ignition action?...Greg ain't about to back up....

I mean, why on Earth would these talented shooters, and Big National Event Champions, want to back up...

Putting the shoe on the other foot......

Just look at Jason Thornhill, one of RFBR's most talented shooters...

As tough as Jason is at the Big National Events, you can imagine how much tougher he'd be if his 2500X were MD-PAS ignition........

I mean, this whole thing's not even close....

Ignition uniformity is what produces the overwhelming majority of the Big Aggs and Big Targets at the Big National Indoor Events.

And well blueprinted MD-PAS ignition produces ignition uniformity superior to any form of SAP ignition, no matter how well blueprinted the SAP ignition might be...

PS:

As loyal as Paul Tolvstad is to Killough Shooting Sports, cause he worked there for years, when he decided to build a new build he used every component he possibly could for his new build that was sold by KSS.....

Except the action....

Even with his loyalty to KSS, Paul simply could not start his new build with a SAP ignition action...

Paul wanted it all with his new build.....

Therefore he had to use a MD-PAS ignition action.....

And just look at the result......kicking out that amazing PSL 2500 right out of the box....

MI....."Minimally Invasive", what a clever, and appropriate name.......

DSC01719.jpg

I get asked questions all the time....

A lot of times folks will contact Gingersnap and ask him to relay a question to me...

This is why you sometimes see Gingersnap requesting me to check my E-Mail, here on the forum...

Anyway, I was asked an interesting question:

Someone had seen the pictures of MI that I've been posting and saw that the entire breech bolt was black, and wanted to know if Turbo was having the breech bolts melonite treated?

As a matter of fact, the first time I saw one of the black breech bolts I thought, "Anthony, Anthony, man, I can't believe you started melonite treating your breech bolts"!

No, Anthony DiOrio does not melonite treat his breech bolts, they're blued.......giving them the black appearance..

CYA accuracy fool friends....

Anthony DiOrio makes his Turbo actions from the highest quality materials and are only hardened where they need to be hardened........

Anthony understands his actions must be produced of materials that will allow the RFBR schmidts to do their blueprinting and other creative alterations each schmidt does to their actions........

So thankfully the breech bolts of Turbo actions are not melonite treated....

No, the breech bolt of MI is not melonite treated, it's simply been blued.....

DSC01719.jpg

Back
Top Bottom