Converting your Turbo into a Hall

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Converting your Turbo into a Hall

CYA accuracy fool friends:

Converting your Turbo into a Hall..

First, I want to thank Richard Gorham for sending me these pieces....Thank you Richard.

And second...

The older I get the less I understand of the human condition, including mine.

The overwhelming driving idea some folks have, is to show the world that they're right and the rest of the world is wrong, simply blows my mind......

Individuals like that can not accept the possibility, that they are the one who's wrong.....even to their own determent......

The saddest part of it all, is, the waste of talent and ultimate possibilities that some individuals like that have, and they just throw it away in their attempt to show the world that they're right, and the rest of the world is wrong.....

CYA accuracy fool friends, I don't know nothing, and I ain't got no answers, cause if I did I wouldn't be living in a $7,000.00 home and driving a 21 year old pickup truck.....

As soon as I get some pictures edited I'll post them...

Converting your Turbo into a Hall.....

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

Is it really advancing rimfire accuracy?

Is it really advancing rimfire accuracy?

CYA accuracy fool friends:

Would it really be advancing rimfire accuracy to show these pictures of converting a Turbo MD-PAS ignition to the Hall spring dependent SAP ignition?

Thank you again Richard for sending me these parts...

CYA accuracy fool friends, it would not be advancing rimfire accuracy to convert a Turbo to Hall ignition.

But there's more here than just the idea of doing it....

I mean, I've studied these parts closely now.....

And I'm blown away amazed at the complexity of them.....

This is not a cobbed up affair.......

The thought and designing that went into these parts is unbelievable...because they're so complicated..

But what's even more fascinating, or disturbing, is why someone would go to this much trouble.

And believe me, if you studied these parts like I have these past few hours, the intricacy of these parts is mind blowing.

But why someone would go to this much trouble is the most interesting part of the whole thing....

It won't work because of the complexity of it.........

As a matter of fact, I'm 99% sure the uniformity of ignition produced by this conversion wouldn't equal the Hall action.

So do I show these pictures?

Cause to do so will not be advancing rimfire accuracy....

Having said the above......

I am going to show you the firing pin, which simply blows my mind that someone would go to this much trouble.

P1000192.JPG

P1000193.jpg

Please keep something in mind here......

The Hall firing pin is EDM cut.......

And so is this one for the conversion.......

Can you imagine the time involved in setting up the EDM program to cut this pin......

That's not counting all of the design time figuring out all of the dimensions......

See, the pusher retaining pin has to pass through the firing pin itself, unlike the factory Hall action...

So the engineering to do this is, well, mind blowing.....

You know what?

I think I'll start a poll and if you CYA folks want these picture shown, I will, if you don't, I won't..

Your pistol fool friend, BC

PS:

One more comment:

One of the qualities of MD-PAS ignition is its simplicity......

Compared to the complication of 40-X style ignition, which the majority of the 14 SAP ignition actions produced these past 23 years use..

And the more complex the system the more friction that's produced between the parts, not counting the lateral coil binding of the mainspring against the firing pin passing through it...

This conversion has to be at least twice as complicated, meaning twice the friction between parts, as 40-X style ignition....which is why it simply could not work.

Back
Top Bottom