What TDX has that I don't have......

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool

CYA accuracy fool friends:

What Tony K Harper has that I don't have......

As a competitor I was a folder, choker in other words....

TDX is 100% the opposite.......going into the last target, if TDX is in the lead, you can take it to the bank...

Big Dog is starting to develop that same quality......

The Olympics are going on and American Nick Mowrer, shooting a DiOrio Turbo 3-P rifle, is competing...

So I've been watching some 50 Meter 3-P shooting from past Olympics...

And I've I've just watched a match that ends with the absolute best example of Tony K Harper's determination to win, and never allowing himself to fold........like I always did...

Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09Plv_KhWjU

That last shot's just like Tony K Harper........who's a RFBR competitor, that, just like the shooter in this video, will not be denied!

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

I've never been impressed by the accuracy of Olympic rifles, since they're all SAP ignition..

As an example, back in 2007 I built a 3-P rifle for Tarl Kempley, who won a great deal of Olympic "class" matches with it.....

Now get this.....

The action was an early, .875" barrel thread Hall......yes a Hall...

That rifle wouldn't have drawn a smell at the ARA Indoor Nationals....

Yet Tarl had much success with it in big time 3-P shooting.....around the world....

What impressed me about the shooter in the video, was she was shooting offhand......

Standing on her hind legs, not prone, and bringing it on that last shot....and not folding...

Man, that was Tony K Harper impressive....

What Tony K Harper has that I don't have......

As a competitor I was a folder, choker in other words....

TDX is 100% the opposite.......going into the last target, if TDX is in the lead, you can take it to the bank...

Big Dog is starting to develop that same quality......

The Olympics are going on and American Nick Mowrer, shooting a DiOrio Turbo 3-P rifle, is competing...

So I've been watching some 50 Meter 3-P shooting from past Olympics...

And I've I've just watched a match that ends with the absolute best example of Tony K Harper's determination to win, and never allowing himself to fold........like I always did...

Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09Plv_KhWjU

That last shot's just like Tony K Harper........who's a RFBR competitor, that, just like the shooter in this video, will not be denied!

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

I've never been impressed by the accuracy of Olympic rifles, since they're all SAP ignition..

As an example, back in 2007 I built a 3-P rifle for Tarl Kempley, who won a great deal of Olympic "class" matches with it.....

Now get this.....

The action was an early, .875" barrel thread Hall......yes a Hall...

That rifle wouldn't have drawn a smell at the ARA Indoor Nationals....

Yet Tarl had much success with it in big time 3-P shooting.....around the world....

What impressed me about the shooter in the video, was she was shooting offhand......

Standing on her hind legs, not prone, and bringing it on that last shot....and not folding...

Man, that was Tony K Harper impressive....

Bill,

Thank you for the very kind words. It really means a lot to me, especially coming from you.

On another subject and another thread on this site ... I just do not understand why anyone, let alone you, would take the time to explain how to convert a Turbo ignition system to a Hall system.

I love Allen Hall.

His center fire actions improved my centerfire shooting tremendously. They were a real wakeup call that custom actions were the way forward with centerfire benchrest.

I believed in Hall actions so much I bought and shot four of his rimfire actions. After a lot of time and experimentation I became convinced they were just never going to work for me.

After many other false starts with other actions I finally came to the Turbos and found what I was looking for.

You know better than I that the design differences make the Turbo far superior. So why would one spend so much effort to go backward?

TKH

Friend TDX

Bill,

Thank you for the very kind words. It really means a lot to me, especially coming from you.

On another subject and another thread on this site ... I just do not understand why anyone, let alone you, would take the time to explain how to convert a Turbo ignition system to a Hall system.

I love Allen Hall.

His center fire actions improved my centerfire shooting tremendously. They were a real wakeup call that custom actions were the way forward with centerfire benchrest.

I believed in Hall actions so much I bought and shot four of his rimfire actions. After a lot of time and experimentation I became convinced they were just never going to work for me.

After many other false starts with other actions I finally came to the Turbos and found what I was looking for.

You know better than I that the design differences make the Turbo far superior. So why would one spend so much effort to go backward?

TKH

Friend TDX:

You're welcome, and you deserve them...

Tony, at every Big National Event where you were in the lead going into the final card, I'd get my congratulations all typed up and ready to post.......as soon as Mary called with the final results...

I don't ever remember you folding.......

Actually, if you were within 100 points going into the last card I'd get my congratulations ready....

Mike Sherrill is starting to exhibit your tenacity.......

After Mike came around the field on the 5th card at the recent ARA Area 3 Championships, at Livonia, I started my congratulations doodle.......

P1000191 - Copy.jpg

And just like you Mike didn't fold.......

Your pistol fool friend, BC

PS:

About doing the Turbo to Hall conversion:

I took a poll of the CYA membership and the last time I looked there weren't any NO votes...

If the membership had voted it down, I wouldn't have done it...

Tony, serious RFBR competitors understand that ignition uniformity is the difference between producing Big Aggs and Big Targets at the Big National Indoor Events, or not producing them.....

This is why the Trident and 2500X shooters want a MD-PAS ignition option...

Back
Top Bottom