Friend Robert Oates

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Friend Robert Oates

Friend Robert Oates:

Robert, I've taken a break from explaining the Turbo to Hall ignition conversion, to doing some doodling...

There's no way to put luster on the paint, and I envision the "Black Cherry" one shade darker than my doodle..

Hopewell build - Copy.jpg

But this gives one a general idea of what it would look like...

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

Robert, I straightened up Patterson on the butt in this revision...

Hopewell build - Copy.jpg

Man, I get cited when rimfire accuracy is being advanced.....bc

Not near dark enough...

Not near dark enough...

Friend Robert Oates:

My doodle is not near dark enough for "Black Cherry"..

Here's a picture that represents what "Black Cherry" should look like...

DSC02518.jpg

Testing the DUKE, double ring (2).jpg

This is a picture of Duke of Earl, and the stock is actually marbled....but the way the light hits it, it looks like a solid color, Black Cherry.....

My doodle is way to light.....

Robert, I couldn't hardly sleep last night for thinking about a new build that will advance rimfire accuracy..

Your pistol fool friend, BC

PS:

I was also thinking about "Minimally Invasive" and what Paul Tolvstad did right out of the box with that brand new build, that amazing PSL 2500......

When Mother Nature finishes Her work on the bore of that Muller 4 MI, my goodness is that thing ever going to be bad......and it's already bad, as is...

Robert, the dream of every RFBR shooter on Earth is to own a contraption like Minimally Invasive...

And a gun like Paul's must start with the best ignition uniformity RFBR action available...

DSC01715.jpg

Friend RO

Friend RO

Friend RO:

Robert, here's a darker version of my doodle.....

Hopewell build - Copy - Copy.jpg

Also, I took a lot of the yellow out of the Patterson graphic.....

I'm cited......

Oh, one other thing.....

Bruce Doster just called and said Larry "Paladin" Parsons just took over the ARA "A" line lead....

Since you're the one most responsible for seeing that Paladin's potential is now being showcased, I'm sure you would want to know.......bc

Looks Good

Hi Bill
The stock color looks good. Larry Paladin Parsons leading the A-line with a 13 year old rifle unbelievable.

P.S.
Mr. Wally Johnson is going to stop by this week. He has some friends with him and i gave him your address.

Last edited:
Friend RO

Hi Bill
The stock color looks good. Larry Paladin Parsons leading the A-line with a 13 year old rifle unbelievable.

P.S.
Mr. Wally Johnson is going to stop by this week. He has some friends with him and i gave him your address.

Friend RO:

You're the guy who brought all of this about.....

Having JPAT do his killer stock painting, bedding and straight line work, then putting Paladin in the hands of Bruce Doster and Noah Johns, and now in the capable hands of Larry Parsons.........

Culminating with Larry now leading the ARA A line....

Plus.............confirmation of my initial assessment of Paladin when I first built and tested him....that he was one of the most accurate RFBR contraptions that I had ever produced......

Robert, it's all due to your efforts......

paladin - Copy.jpg

Thank you...................

Friend RO

Hi Bill

P.S.

Friend RO:

Wally Johnson and a bunch of his friends stopped by yesterday afternoon....

Man that guy is interesting.....

I talked to him well into the wee hours of this morning....

Thank you..........

And thank you again for starting the process that has showcased Paladin.......finally after all these years...

Your appreciative pistol fool friend, BC

paladin - Copy.jpg

Robert, you weren't no slouch with Paladin yourself....remember this

Friend RO:

Wally Johnson and a bunch of his friends stopped by yesterday afternoon....

Man that guy is interesting.....

I talked to him well into the wee hours of this morning....

Thank you..........

And thank you again for starting the process that has showcased Paladin.......finally after all these years...

Your appreciative pistol fool friend, BC

View attachment 3553

Robert, you weren't no slouch with Paladin yourself....remember this Championship you won:

DSC09644.jpg

By the way, the peanut brittle is killer, I mean killer........thank you.......

PS:

Robert, again, because of your efforts Paladin has been showcased for what I always knew he could be...

I can't wait til Larry turns Paladin loose at the ARA Indoor Nationals come December......

Paladin is fully capable of breaking Big Dog's ARA Indoor Nationals Record, including the two 2500's....

paladin.jpg

Back
Top Bottom