Diana won Turbos

Timo

Some journalists have said: " It is NOT news if fox is driving behind rabbit, but it is NEWS if rabbit is driving back the fox"

My friend won our Nationals I.R.50/50 HV to meters today (50 meters) with Diana action & Broughton barrel combination.

He started RFBR game under 2 years ago.Fast learning guy!

BR, Timo

Friend gun fool Timo

Some journalists have said: " It is NOT news if fox is driving behind rabbit, but it is NEWS if rabbit is driving back the fox"

My friend won our Nationals I.R.50/50 HV to meters today (50 meters) with Diana action & Broughton barrel combination.

He started RFBR game under 2 years ago.Fast learning guy!

BR, Timo

Friend gun fool Timo:

Give him my congratulations, too......a Turbo guy congratulating a Diana guy......

Your pistol fool friend, BC

Diana Man appreciate very much your congratulation!!! It comes from real Turbo man!!!

He said that amazing things happens in the world like his win.

He said he was so amazing that after HV they shoot LV and to second LV target he shoots 244 and LV was then over to him.

BR, Timo

Diana &  Broughton.jpg

Friend gun fool Timo

Diana Man appreciate very much your congratulation!!! It comes from real Turbo man!!!

He said that amazing things happens in the world like his win.

He said he was so amazing that after HV they shoot LV and to second LV target he shoots 244 and LV was then over to him.

BR, Timo

View attachment 3613

Friend gun fool Timo:

I have a serious question for you, and I know you'll give a serious answer.

Do you believe the Diana would seriously challenge the Turbo here in the USA?

Short question, long answer!

I wrote this "Diana mans" barrel before:

http://wwaccuracy.com/showthread.php?t=6149&highlight=newbie

We bought dozen Broughton barrels together to our Team and every Team member got his barrel before we slugged those.

We slugged those Broughtons together, there were slugging gunsmiths Tomi Korpi, Tapani Nousiainen,Juha Söderholm & 5 other RFBR shooters.

This barrel feels best or as good as second one of those dozen barrel.And this barrel was coming to me.I didnt make this project ready and I sold this barrel to my 3-P shooting friend and gunsmith Jan Stenroos put it to Diana action.
In one ammo patch test it gives 4 x 10 shots groups average 10,5 mm (0,41 ") outside to outside measuring and pair RFBR shooters said to me that why you sell this barrel to position shooter.
My 3P shooting friend has many 3P rf and he likes more other ones (stock & trigger reasons) and decited to sell those Broughton&Diana irons.
They were little too heavy to LV class RFBR shooting and Mr Tapani Nousiainen shorted action & barrel to this RFBR newbie and bedded irons to straight lined BR stock.

(Ps.All those Diana RF.s coming from East Germany long ago original barrels were fastened to action with "tin",maybe silver. (no thread)..One now retired top gunsmith change many of those with "screw thread" and blueprinted those same time.)

Before I answered you question when RFBR shooting happens inside range to 50 m RF is maybe 80 % & shooter 20 %.Outside shooting to 50 m on very bad condititions maybe then RF is 50 % and shooter 50 %.
If shooting 100 m with RF outside on very bad conditions then shooter is maybe 90 %....

Sometimes BR shooter find "the right/best condition" outside and can win with not so good RF.Nobody finds this always!!!!

Your question: Do you believe the Diana would seriously challenge the Turbo here in the USA.

Sometimes, in some "shooter condititions" YES, constantly NO!

Ps2."Turbo men" have won most of RFBR competitions to 50 m here last years. Mr Tomi Korpi & son was top with his Falcon on its best times.
Tomi&son has been on line very few times on year 2021.
To 100 m it has been different story.

BR, Timo

We bought dozen Broughton barrels together to our Team and every Team member got his barrel before we slugged those.

We slugged those Broughtons together, there were slugging gunsmiths Tomi Korpi, Tapani Nousiainen,Juha Söderholm & 5 other RFBR shooters.

This barrel feels best or as good as second one of those dozen barrel.And this barrel was coming to me.I didnt make this project ready and I sold this barrel to my 3-P shooting friend and gunsmith Jan Stenroos put it to Diana action.
In one ammo patch test it gives 4 x 10 shots groups average 10,5 mm (0,41 ") outside to outside measuring and pair RFBR shooters said to me that why you sell this barrel to position shooter.
My 3P shooting friend has many 3P rf and he likes more other ones (stock & trigger reasons) and decited to sell those Broughton&Diana irons.
They were little too heavy to LV class RFBR shooting and Mr Tapani Nousiainen shorted action & barrel to this RFBR newbie and bedded irons to straight lined BR stock.

(Ps.All those Diana RF.s coming from East Germany long ago original barrels were fastened to action with "tin",maybe silver. (no thread)..One now retired top gunsmith change many of those with "screw thread" and blueprinted those same time.)

Before I answered you question when RFBR shooting happens inside range to 50 m RF is maybe 80 % & shooter 20 %.Outside shooting to 50 m on very bad condititions maybe then RF is 50 % and shooter 50 %.
If shooting 100 m with RF outside on very bad conditions then shooter is maybe 90 %....

Sometimes BR shooter find "the right/best condition" outside and can win with not so good RF.Nobody finds this always!!!!

Your question: Do you believe the Diana would seriously challenge the Turbo here in the USA.

Ps2."Turbo men" have won most of RFBR competitions to 50 m here last years. Mr Tomi Korpi & son was top with his Falcon on its best times.

BR, Timo

Timo,

This maybe the best description of RFBR shooting I've seen, and I absolutely agree.

With that said, maybe you don't have to go out to 100 meters to get to the 90% depending on just how bad the conditions are.

"Before I answered you question when RFBR shooting happens inside range to 50 m RF is maybe 80 % & shooter 20 %.Outside shooting to 50 m on very bad condititions maybe then RF is 50 % and shooter 50 %.
"

TKH

Friend gun fool Timo

BR, Timo

Friend gun fool Timo:

Thank you, you gave a serious answer to a serious question...

No custom RFBR action made today will run with the Turbo..

It's been this way for the past 23 years....

And it isn't going to change....

PS:

The Falcon is SAP ignition, and by the way, the most consistent ignition producing of all SAP actions...

On our I.R.50/50 LV Nationals to meters outdoor fox is driving back rabbit and world is like before. Shooters condititions.

PKLV 50m:

1) Timo-Heikki Varis 747/49X (249/19X, FM 15,250/14X, FM 2,248/16X, FM 13)
2) Ulla Murisoja 747/44X (248/14X, FM 14,250/17X, FM 1,249/13X, FM 3)
3) Tapani Nousiainen 744/40X (248/12X, FM 15,247/12X, FM 15,249/16X, FM 3)

Turbo,2500 X, Turbo was actions 1/2/3

Winners RF is made by gunsmith Jan Stenroos.Living on big island between Finland & Sweden.

BR, Timo

Friend gun fool Timo

On our I.R.50/50 LV Nationals to meters outdoor fox is driving back rabbit and world is like before. Shooters condititions.

PKLV 50m:

1) Timo-Heikki Varis 747/49X (249/19X, FM 15,250/14X, FM 2,248/16X, FM 13)
2) Ulla Murisoja 747/44X (248/14X, FM 14,250/17X, FM 1,249/13X, FM 3)
3) Tapani Nousiainen 744/40X (248/12X, FM 15,247/12X, FM 15,249/16X, FM 3)

Turbo,2500 X, Turbo was actions 1/2/3

Winners RF is made by gunsmith Jan Stenroos.Living on big island between Finland & Sweden.

BR, Timo

Friend gun fool Timo:

Timo, may I make a very serious suggestion........

Why don't you folks get some ARA targets and shoot a couple of informal matches.....

This way you folks will be able to see how you actually stack up against the American shooters...

IR-50 just doesn't have the following here in the US that ARA does, and for good reasons....

I hear there's already 140 plus competitors pre-registered for the ARA St Louis Nationals, a couple weeks from now..

Major IR-50 Events here in the US won't draw but 30-40 competitors, if that many....

So think about getting some ARA targets, friend Timo, and see at what level you folks stand in RFBR compared to the US...OK

PS:

What a loss that the World RFBR organizations adopted IR-50 style shooting.....

Benchrest shooting is about accuracy.....and advancing it.....

I think no where in European ARA RFBR is shooted?.Nobody has (yet) 1 part rests, only 2 piece rest as I.R.50/50 rules say.

But please, tell me place and contact information where I can order ARA targets.

We are shooting our I.R.50/50 indoor Nationals to meters here on my home town in winter and if possible we can shoot unofficial or official ARA competition.If not more 1 target or so-:).

I know that this must shoot from 2 piece rests ....

I must read ARA rules,but are you shooting ARA always to 50 yd?

BR, Timo

Friend gun fool Timo

I think no where in European ARA RFBR is shooted?.Nobody has (yet) 1 part rests, only 2 piece rest as I.R.50/50 rules say.

But please, tell me place and contact information where I can order ARA targets.

We are shooting our I.R.50/50 indoor Nationals to meters here on my home town in winter and if possible we can shoot unofficial or official ARA competition.If not more 1 target or so-:).

I know that this must shoot from 2 piece rests ....

I must read ARA rules,but are you shooting ARA always to 50 yd?

BR, Timo

Friend gun fool Timo:

You can get ARA targets from Killough Shooting Sports......

Actually, it would probably benefit ARA financially, in the long run, if they'd give you folks some targets......cause you folks are serious RFBR shooters....

If ARA ever gets a foothold in your country, it will take off.......

Friend Timo, ARA gives you 100% of your effort.....however good or bad that effort is...

A bum round of ammo is not going to beat you......

And yes, ARA is shot at 50 yards..

Go ahead and shoot the ARA target at 50 meters, then simply add 10% to your score.

If you shoot a 2000, for example, then your target will grade 2200...........

Back
Top Bottom