Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I.R.50/50 test competition to electronic targets 25.9.2021 here

I.R.50/50 test competition to electronic targets 25.9.2021 here

On prone shooting competitions & also RFBR batch tests to electonic targets has been in use for a long time everywhere.

Now our RFBR shooters & company Inband Ltd had project to get electronical targets & online result counting also to RFBR.

https://inband.fi/

Just read that 25.9.2021 there is 50 meter HV test competition to electronic targets.

I dont know yet everything about this,but just my thoughts:

*Is it possible to get 25 "point" targets and you move with joystick as to paper target?Hard I think.

*I see from invitation that every competitor has their own computer on shooting bench and they told that you can shoot sighters as many as you like as usual to paper target.

*IF there is only 1 "competition" target & 1 "sighter" target it change game little and you dont need joystick front bench....Solid front bench enough?

*But there is possibility to "game changer". We can shoot to 1 target without moving backers as prone shooters does.

*Electronic program dont need to give X or 10.Scoring is possible to make whatever is best/ RFBR world decide to be.As prone shooters have 10,9 / 10,8 etc.

Dreaming 1: What if ALL RFBR world can go to ONE same target? No this jungle, ARA,PSL,I.R.50/50. Just like prone shooting is now....

Dreaming 2: If dream 1 happens,have we then possibility to get RFBR to Olympic discpline?

Not more morning coffee on this morning...My dreams are enough strong now....

Learning out of old is many times more difficult than learning new......

BR, Timo

Ps.Inband Ltd has come international player.I can see that their products has exported to 18 countries now.

https://inband.fi/?page_id=118
    Last edited by Timo; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:30 AM.

I'm thinking (dreaming) about this for a long time...
    And, of course, electronics do whatever we need them to do, the only obstacle is willing and money.

Let's learn what they are doing with archery. They use a target paper. This target is "targeted" by the electronic system every time is changed. Sure they shoot only to the middle...
    But then what we do need is a standard, precision printed face that will be "targeted" too when fixed to the blank. Then 25 electronic bulls...

Maybe too radical, but thought just that why we need 25 bulls on RFBR shooting....If we have only 2 bulls. 1 to competion shots and other for sighters....

BR, Timo

Yes, we could, and Australian ones have already had very successful benchrest events on ISSF electronic targets.

But I do think that one BR characteristics is chasing the next target, meaning moving from one bull to the other...

Maybe you are right.Shooting to 1 competion bull + sighter bull is maybe too radical change.

But dreaming that all over the world there could be only 1 target type on RFBR game.

I am looking little outsider eyes this all...In European there are very few people who knows that there are PSL&ARA in USA. If I understand right I.R.50/50 is not very popular in USA.
    In European we have at least 2 different association.

RFBR game is so unknown/small sport event that is it good one that small forces are splitted so small pieces...

People are comparing ARA,PSL & I.R.50/50 targets to gross and speculating what this 2500 means to other target etc.

If prone shooter get with 60 shots to 50 meter result 636,4 where ever in the world, everybody knows what it means....

And maybe then inside range World Championships are possible to arrange thisway that competitors dont fly to the same place.
    Outside range this is not possible.

But too big thoughts to me in my small world.....But hopely there are big boys reading and think what it could be in the future.

BR, Timo
    Last edited by Timo; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:52 AM.

From that point of view, standardisation, I totally agree.
    Better to the sport is having just one way of score.
    And if development and growing goes hand in hand with that, let's shoot one target only.

Being uniform is better for everyone, and having across the world, 1000 people shooting one target will be way better than a couple of hundreds shooting different targets.
    I believe it will be easier to embark European and Australian troops... I have my doubts on the Americans, thought...

Friends Gun fool Timo and PedroS

Friends Gun fool Timo and PedroS:

Until IR-50 goes to "true accuracy" scoring......or what is called by some "275" scoring, it will always run way behind ARA in attendance.

True accuracy, or 275 scoring, is simply adding the X count to the raw score..........

I'm going to predict something......

Since IR-50 has a Sporta class, if IR-50 would go to 275 scoring, and with creative leadership, IR-50 would become the dominate RFBR discipline in America......surpassing ARA in popularity...

And if IR-50 doesn't go to 275 scoring, it will continue to run way behind ARA in popularity....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

PS:

The same thing applies to the World RFBR organizations.....

I can see from our BR site that 11 competitors take part to this HV 50 meter test competition shooted to electonical targets.

There was text that adjust your rf:s scopes that bullets goes 42 mm (1,654") under of your aiming point.

Perfect shot gives 10,9. I dont know yet what perfect shot means in this case....It must mean X comparing to paper target....

This mean that max score with 25 shots is 272,5 points.

Intresting to see how it goes.

BR, Timo

Yep, the only difference I can see, but maybe it's already addressed, is the score zones dimensions.
    They are slightly different between ISSF and BR.

Perfect score on ISSF is 10,9, which if we count the X as a full point should give on BR 11, so the discrepancy.

Administrator
    Maybe??
    Im not gonna totally disagree but there are other issues than scoring that hold IR back. I think the 6.5x sporter scope hinders older eyes. Rimfire is full of retirees. The weight class of the heavy guns hinder. Almost all of the stocks on heavy guns are full filled making 10.5lb harder to make. The dearth of smaller than .9 diameter barrels hurts. The first IR barrel you built on a Turbo was a lilja designed for a XP with the large breech and the small diameter remainder. That makes weight easily. Scopes are heavier, the only way I made weight, 10.5lb, with an edge stock is with a Leupold 36x BRD and then had to take the brass plug out of the butt!
    Another issue for me brought up recently at our match is the the so called 2 gun. Why isnt that using the sporter and 1 heavy gun score? Thats 2 different guns, now its the 2 heavy gun scores usually shot with the same rifle.
    The game is still fun for me and its the game of choice locally and I enjoy the challenge of the sporter. Some dont want to feed two rifles with ammo but mine shoot “good” ammo equally. I bought a great sporter last fall so dont intend to give up IR no matter the scoring system. If you are at a match and everyone shoots the same target the best prepared and talented shooter will win. Thats proven by just looking at winners over time. TKH wins alot no matter the game.
    The centerfire shooting for score evolved into an x-count game but everyone shot 250s, IR hasnt reached that point.
    I still think a point to consider is the cost involved in setting up two competitive rifles for rimfire BR. With taxes, gas going up travel will be limited. If a local club had Rimfire BR matches get out and shoot. Outlaw shoots are popular or as Wally and I call them Abracadabra shoots are also popular in some areas

Im not gonna get in a point counterpoint on this . Just an observation.

Jerry Halcomb

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Calfee View Post

Friends Gun fool Timo and PedroS:

Until IR-50 goes to "true accuracy" scoring......or what is called by some "275" scoring, it will always run way behind ARA in attendance.

True accuracy, or 275 scoring, is simply adding the X count to the raw score..........

I'm going to predict something......

Since IR-50 has a Sporta class, if IR-50 would go to 275 scoring, and with creative leadership, IR-50 would become the dominate RFBR discipline in America......surpassing ARA in popularity...

And if IR-50 doesn't go to 275 scoring, it will continue to run way behind ARA in popularity....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

PS:

The same thing applies to the World RFBR organizations.....