Thread: P SPEC 1 Details

P SPEC 1 Details

I posted this on another thread, but my youtube link did not work.....so I thought I would try again.....if the link at the bottom doesn't work then copy and paste it into your address bar.

P SPEC 1..... has a DiOrio V3 Turbo with a Crescent firing pin.
    FF Whisper 2 trigger
    Muller 8 groove Barrel
    McMillan full fill fiberglass stock and a Harrell's MD.

I'm please with how the rifle cosmetics turned out......but...... a rifle that will not compete, will not be seen for long!.....so most the attention goes into accuracy.

Here's another pic at a different angle.....and a YouTube link for those whose would like to see a short video.

Please note: the bolt was closed during pictures to get the handle out of the way of the graphics on the action at an angle.....I then film the video, so yes I walk in front of the rifle with the bolt closed (empty chamber) .....so....for all the perfect folks out there (better known as trolls) if this will bother you, don't watch. For everyone else here's the link.

Name:  20211008_183428.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  133.6 KB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TsN1T2s-Ec

JPatt

Details

JPat

Thanks for the video. The link worked perfectly.

Bill

Two things I'd like to point out....

Quote Originally Posted by JP65 View Post
    I posted this on another thread, but my youtube link did not work.....so I thought I would try again.....if the link at the bottom doesn't work then copy and paste it into your address bar.

P SPEC 1..... has a DiOrio V3 Turbo with a Crescent firing pin.
    FF Whisper 2 trigger
    Muller 8 groove Barrel
    McMillan full fill fiberglass stock and a Harrell's MD.

I'm please with how the rifle cosmetics turned out......but...... a rifle that will not compete, will not be seen for long!.....so most the attention goes into accuracy.

Here's another pic at a different angle.....and a YouTube link for those whose would like to see a short video.

Please note: the bolt was closed during pictures to get the handle out of the way of the graphics on the action at an angle.....I then film the video, so yes I walk in front of the rifle with the bolt closed (empty chamber) .....so....for all the perfect folks out there (better known as trolls) if this will bother you, don't watch. For everyone else here's the link.

Name:  20211008_183428.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  133.6 KB

JPatt

CYA accuracy fool friends:

There's two things I'd like to point out in J-PAT's video....

One is his beautiful, and unique, straight line bumpers on the fore end of the stock.

From time 1:13 to about 1:20......( you really have to see these in person to fully appreciate them)

You can see the rear bumper clearly.....bottom of the butt stock...

The second thing I'd like to point out might not make much sense if you don't blueprint RFBR actions....

At time about 2:21......the close-up of the jeweling on the receiver...

Look right above the root of the bolt handle........you can see the third lug clearly.....

Notice the length of the closing cam relief, angle, Jeff blueprinted into this V-3 action...

The third lug does no work of a closing cam, only the secondary lug does this...

The third lug, and primary lug, bolt handle, do no closing cam work, they are simply relieved...

But............

If you look closely, you'll notice that even with Jeff's nice, long relief on the third lug, the third lug still has 100% locking lug contact with the locking lug seat in the receiver...

All RFBR actions require blueprinting.....there are no exceptions....

And J-PAT has become a master at blueprinting an action....properly.

Your pistol fool friend, BC