THE VIRGINIAN

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
THE VIRGINIAN

CYA accuracy fool friends:

The VIRGINIAN

My last SPEC rifle was to be named THE VIRGINIAN...........but it never came about.

I'm dreaming out loud here.....OK.

Wouldn't it be awesome if someone contracted J PAT to produce SPEC P 10, and named it THE VIRGINIAN.

20210316_164824 - Copy - Copy (8) - Copy.jpg

Again, I'm just dreaming out loud.....an old, worn out, has-been RFBR schmidt should be allowed to dream, shouldn't he?

Your dreaming out loud fool friend, Bill Calfee

THE VIRGINIAN

The VIRGINIAN

My last SPEC rifle was to be named THE VIRGINIAN...........but it never came about.

I'm dreaming out loud here.....OK.

Wouldn't it be awesome if someone contracted J PAT to produce SPEC P 10, and named it THE VIRGINIAN.

View attachment 3821

Again, I'm just dreaming out loud.....an old, worn out, has-been RFBR schmidt should be allowed to dream, shouldn't he?

Your dreaming out loud fool friend, Bill Calfee

Bill, I had a similar dream a couple years back but it was where I talked you into building The Virginian.

I thought it would be a fitting end to the Calfee Spec series.

But I just couldn't get you to do it.

Maybe Jeff can make it happen after all but you will still have to have your hand in it somewhere or it just won't be authentic.

TKH

Last edited:
Friend TDX

Bill, I had a similar dream a couple years back but it was where I talked you into building The Virginian.

I thought it would be a fitting end to the Calfee Spec series.

But I just couldn't get you to do it.

Maybe Jeff can make it happen after all but you will still have to have your hand in it somewhere or it just won't be authentic.

TKH

Friend TDX:

I'm honored that J-PAT allowed me to have a small part in his first SPEC gun........

But Tony, I simply do not have it within my power to do RFBR schmidt work any longer......I wish I did....but my time is over...

J-PAT's time is just beginning...............and what a future he has in front of him.....

All I can do at this stage of my life is dream.......which I do a lot of.....my mind is still just 15 years old...

Your pistol fool friend, BC

PS:

THE VIRGINIAN would most certainly be an Iconic RFBR rifle.....

It has a theme song, just like Paladin and Duke of Earl...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31_9C_4Vl4

20210316_164824 - Copy - Copy (8) - Copy.jpg

The VIRGINIAN

"My last SPEC rifle was to be named THE VIRGINIAN...........but it never came about."

Mr. Calfee, why was SPEC 10 never built? Also, I see Carolina Gold was SPEC 13. So obviously these were not built in numerical order?

Gjmen22

Friend Gjmen22

The VIRGINIAN

"My last SPEC rifle was to be named THE VIRGINIAN...........but it never came about."

Mr. Calfee, why was SPEC 10 never built? Also, I see Carolina Gold was SPEC 13. So obviously these were not built in numerical order?

Gjmen22

Friend Gjmen22:

All of my SPEC rifles were built in sequence with the exception of SPEC 13, Carolina Gold.

Carolina Gold.jpg

THE VIRGINIAN never came about for several reasons........which in a way may be an omen.......

I've had a bunch of folks ask me to do just one more SPEC rifle, to be SPEC 10, THE VIRGINIAN...

I'd give anything if I were physically able.......but I'm not......

My time as a RFBR schmidt ended years ago........

Jeff Patteson had taken over the CYankee reins..........which is a blessing for RFBR shooters as he's already better than I was in my prime.

Your pistol fool friend, BC

20210316_164824 - Copy - Copy (9) - Copy.jpg

Thinking about "THE VIRGINIAN"

Thinking about "THE VIRGINIAN"

First of all, HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

I was lying in bed last night thinking about THE VIRGINIAN...SPEC 10

20210316_164824 - Copy - Copy (9) - Copy.jpg

What an iconic name for a RFBR gun.

I'm a dreamer, and even though it will never happen, I lay there in bed going through the procedures of building THE VIRGINIAN..

Blueprinting the action.......

Developing my ignition....

Setting up an unlapped blank, a Broughton 4-C.........yes, I would use it......had it not been for Ed Shilen and his ratchet, the 4-C would now be the barrel of record......probably along with the Muller's....

And then the stock.......this might sound silly, but, I've got a Lee Six SPG, short version, the SPG on BLACK DEATH is the long version..

I can extend this short version to the same length as the one on DEATH...

No pillar bedding, just like DEATH.....

And paint?

It would be just like DEATH, save for the stock graphics being silver instead of white...

DSC05055 - Copy (4) - Copy.jpg

And I would have to use the new Whisper trigger.....simply for the lack of upward pressure on the bottom of the cocking piece.

But.....................

It's only a dream.............time takes its toll............

Your dreaming, pistol fool friend, BC

Back
Top Bottom