Calfee XP #10

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Calfee XP #10

CYA accuracy fool friends:

Larry Parsons owns Calfee XP #10...

Parsons in Arizona - Copy.jpg

After Larry left the match in Arizona, he went directly to the Lapua test center with Calfee XP#10....

The test folks aren't used to ammo testing a pistol, and they did the best they could in figuring a way to mount the pistol in their test vise.

They wound up clamping the pistol by the 3 inch X 1/2 inch rail that the bi-pod attaches to.....

This rail is held to the stock by two, small 8x32 screws.....

So the entire weight of the pistol was being held by these two, small screws....again, the tester did the best he could....I'll give him much credit for that...

Calfee XP 10 at test tunnel.jpg

Now here's the blow your mind part of this story...

With that pistol being held by two, small 8x32 screws, look at the test it kicked out....I blocked the lot number out cause it also shot killer in Chisum...

Calfee XP 10.jpg

Larry said the tester said he'd never seen anything like it........

That's getting mighty close to the eleven MM range......being held by just those two, small screws....amazing..

CYA accuracy fool friends:

These pistols don't back up from no rifles....anywhere.

This amazing test is just another reason I want to see a MD-PAS ignition pistol for the masses.....

DSC00114 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

Larry will be shooting the Arizona State ARA match tomorrow, then he'll drive the seven hours to shoot in California Sunday..

Friend Gingersnap

How did it do with 20 shots. I think that's the acid test.

Friend Gingersnap:

Good enough that Larry bought every round of that lot they had.....I guess I didn't need to hide the lot number, cause there's none of it left.

Your pistol fool friend, BC

Calfee XP 10.jpg

Parsons in Arizona - Copy.jpg

Well I guess he had two rifles tested so he could get up to four cases. At least that's what they told me. They could sell two cases per test.

Friend Gingersnap

Well I guess he had two rifles tested so he could get up to four cases. At least that's what they told me. They could sell two cases per test.

Friend Gingersnap:

Robert Oates sent me all this info after talking to Larry....pictures and test results....

I don't suppose it would hurt anything to show what Larry tested in XP #10...

He tested two lots of Midas + and two lots of Center X......the Center X was not as good as the Midas +....

Here's the two lots of Midas + he tested...... top lot 12.16 and bottom lot 13.32...

9847.jpg

Robert said he bought all of the top lot.....

And yes, he tested Chisum and it liked the top lot, too....

Gingersnap, what's mind blowing, is that little #10 pistol kicked out those groups while being held by only two, small #8 screws.....

9844.jpg

What I wonder is, what that little #10 pistol would have done if the stock were removed and the action clamped?

Which is a hassle for someone not familiar with XP's......I understand that......so the tester did the best he could under the circumstances....

But it still makes one wonder.....

Well Bill, I'm glad I got in front of him. I got a case of the top lot. I also got a case of CenterX that, at least on paper, looks to be somewhat better. But you know the chance you take with ammo.

Friend Gingersnap

Well Bill, I'm glad I got in front of him. I got a case of the top lot. I also got a case of CenterX that, at least on paper, looks to be somewhat better. But you know the chance you take with ammo.

Friend Gingersnap:

I bleed Eley Red...................Lapua never done anything for me throughout my RFBR schmidt career....

And Eley did..............

But Gingersnap, it's a Lapua World today.............

I even heard that the ole Hawk, Tim Miller, is now shooting Lapua, and he also bleeds Eley Red...............

Gingersnap, if I could have one thing happen, that ain't going to happen, I'd love for someone to shoot some of this killer Lapua in Paul Tolvstad's Patterson build, Minimally Invasive.....

Minimally Invasive is one of the most accurate RFBR guns I've ever shot................if not the most accurate...

Minimally Invasive, with some of the good Lapua, wouldn't even need the absolute best Lapua, can break Big Dog's ARA Indoor Nationals Record...

DSC01715.jpg

But sad to say, MI can not break the Record with Eley............

Minimally Invasive Update

Friend Gingersnap:

I bleed Eley Red...................Lapua never done anything for me throughout my RFBR schmidt career....

And Eley did..............

But Gingersnap, it's a Lapua World today.............

I even heard that the ole Hawk, Tim Miller, is now shooting Lapua, and he also bleeds Eley Red...............

Gingersnap, if I could have one thing happen, that ain't going to happen, I'd love for someone to shoot some of this killer Lapua in Paul Tolvstad's Patterson build, Minimally Invasive.....

Minimally Invasive is one of the most accurate RFBR guns I've ever shot................if not the most accurate...

Minimally Invasive, with some of the good Lapua, wouldn't even need the absolute best Lapua, can break Big Dog's ARA Indoor Nationals Record...

View attachment 3858

But sad to say, MI can not break the Record with Eley............

Hi Bill,

After reading this post and seeing the picture of Minimally Invasive.....thought I'd throw in an update pic.

MI.jpg

Also for anyone interested, a video does it more justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzIWZr0M8Mc

Jeff

Friend J-PAT

Hi Bill,

After reading this post and seeing the picture of Minimally Invasive.....thought I'd throw in an update pic.

View attachment 3859

Also for anyone interested, a video does it more justice.

Jeff

Friend J-PAT:

Two absolutely gorgeous RFBR rifles..................and the best part is how they both shoot......I know, I've shot both....

Jeff, as I've told you several times, being a RFBR schmidt, if your goal is to win Big National Events and set World Records, can be the most trying job in the world....

You can build the most dynamic, killer accurate RFBR gun, and sometimes when that killer gets into the field of battle, for whatever reason(s), your work as a schmidt isn't showcased.....

In my case the prime example is of course "Paladin".........

It took over ten years for the right owner to come along, and showcase how absolutely killer Paladin really is.

I say this because, both Primevil and Minimally Invasive are dynamic killers, and if the owners can feed then and point them, they can win any Big National RFBR Event anywhere on Earth.

Jeff, you've elevated the ART of rimfire accuracy to a new level.......you're an artist of the highest magnitude....

By the way, when Bill Collaros sees Minimally Invasive, he'll get an idea of what PAT 6, Waltzing Matilda will look like...

And another thing, your straight line bumpers are so clever and beautiful......when folks look at the movie, they need to pay close attention to how you executed them.....on the front you have two individual bars, one on the side and one on the bottom of each side of the fore end.

Simply stunning guns....

JPat! Are you lapping the barrels your self? Are your skills same level or coming to same level than Mr Calfee & Mr Tolvstad?
What you think?

BR, Timo

Friend gun fool Timo

Friend J-PAT:

Two absolutely gorgeous RFBR rifles..................and the best part is how they both shoot......I know, I've shot both....

Jeff, as I've told you several times, being a RFBR schmidt, if your goal is to win Big National Events and set World Records, can be the most trying job in the world....

You can build the most dynamic, killer accurate RFBR gun, and sometimes when that killer gets into the field of battle, for whatever reason(s), your work as a schmidt isn't showcased.....

In my case the prime example is of course "Paladin".........

It took over ten years for the right owner to come along, and showcase how absolutely killer Paladin really is.

I say this because, both Primevil and Minimally Invasive are dynamic killers, and if the owners can feed then and point them, they can win any Big National RFBR Event anywhere on Earth.

Jeff, you've elevated the ART of rimfire accuracy to a new level.......you're an artist of the highest magnitude....

By the way, when Bill Collaros sees Minimally Invasive, he'll get an idea of what PAT 6, Waltzing Matilda will look like...

And another thing, your straight line bumpers are so clever and beautiful......when folks look at the movie, they need to pay close attention to how you executed them.....on the front you have two individual bars, one on the side and one on the bottom of each side of the fore end.

Simply stunning guns....

Friend gun fool Timo

About your question to J-PAT, which I quote here:

"JPat! Are you lapping the barrels your self? Are your skills same level or coming to same level than Mr Calfee & Mr Tolvstad?
What you think?"

"BR, Timo"

Friend gun fool Timo:

Knowing Jeff as I do, I doubt he'd answer the part of your question I highlighted in bold orange.

So speaking for me, not for Paul of course, I'll say this about J-PAT's lapping....

I believe I can taper lap a rimfire barrel as good as anyone on Earth, and Jeff Patterson is better at it than I am....

Yes, Jeff's SPEC rifle barrels are taper lapped by him........Paul, of course, taper lapped the barrel on Minimally Invasive...

Back
Top Bottom