Fallen milk

Timo

Sometimes things are like money.You dont value it before it finished...

We got 12 Broughton barrels here and were satisfied.Then we got news that Broughton is not making barrels any more.

One picture why we miss those...

BR, Timo

Ps.Didnt Mr North has any "journeyman" or employees to continue barrel making.Always harmless when long professional knowledge goes to waste basket...

Broughton Diana.jpg

Last edited:
Friend gun fool Timo

Sometimes things are like money.You dont value it before it finished...

We got 12 Broughton barrels here and were satisfied.Then we got news that Broughton is not making barrels any more.

One picture why we miss those...

BR, Timo

Ps.Didnt Mr North has any "journeyman" or employees to continue barrel making.Always harmless when long professional knowledge goes to waste basket...

View attachment 3981

Friend gun fool Timo:

If that card was shot at 50 meters, we here in America don't have anything to run with the gun that shot it...

The 4-C Broughton was in the process of becoming the barrel of record in RFBR, then Ed Shilen came along with his ratchet.....and to a lesser extent his octagon...

I have two unlapped 4-C's in my shop......I wish I had the where-with-all to produce another SPEC rifle using one....but those days are gone.

Your pistol fool friend, BC

PS:

Here's a card I shot back in 2010 with a Broughton 4-C.......but it was at 50 yards, not 50 meters like your card...

DSC03713 - Copy.jpg

I left shooting distance open on first post.I think everybody wake up faster when look this target.

It is shooted to 25 m.

This is last Broughton of this dozen pieces what came here.Been installed only few weeks ago.
This can show its real characteric 25.-27.3.2022 in our 50 meter Nationals.(Inside).

Hopely nobody got any heart problems when thinking this is shooted to 50 meter.

BR, Timo

Friend gun fool Timo

I left shooting distance open on first post.I think everybody wake up faster when look this target.

It is shooted to 25 m.

This is last Broughton of this dozen pieces what came here.Been installed only few weeks ago.
This can show its real characteric 25.-27.3.2022 in our 50 meter Nationals.(Inside).

Hopely nobody got any heart problems when thinking this is shooted to 50 meter.

BR, Timo

Friend gun fool Timo:

When I first looked at your target my eyes bugged out........

I thought, we here in America ain't got nothing for them Finish folks.....

Tim North, Broughton, was a serious and dedicated button rifled barrel maker....

After he produced his 5-C, which was pretty successful, I got him to produce the 4-C, which one could chamber...

Chambering a 5-C with a 6 flute reamer is a nightmare.......I actually had Dave Manson make me up a spiral flute, five flute reamer to chamber the 5-C's with.....

The 4-C's are a snap........( The 4-C is actually a Muller 4-MI with a slightly more aggressive rifling pattern )

If Ed Shilen had not come along in late 2006-early-2007 with his Ratchet, the Broughton 4-C would now be the barrel of record....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

Back
Top Bottom