Thread: CZ

CZ

For those who know, what is a Bruno CZ or CZ Bruno whichever? Specifically is a CZ 452 a Bruno CZ?

Friend Gingersnap

Quote Originally Posted by wsmallwood View Post
    For those who know, what is a Bruno CZ or CZ Bruno whichever? Specifically is a CZ 452 a Bruno CZ?

Friend Gingersnap:

I'm sorry that I can't help you with your CZ question.....I just wanted to thank you for changing the "Shooting Mechanics" forum to the new "The Timo Forum".

And................

Name:  DSC09610 (2) - Copy.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  118.9 KB

Your pistol fool friend, BC

No problem and Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

That answers part. There is a CZ 452 Bruno, but are all CZ 452 Brunos. Every CZ I've read about says made at the BRNO plant. So does that make it a Bruno or is there a CZ 452 non Bruno.

Quote Originally Posted by wsmallwood View Post
    That answers part. There is a CZ 452 Bruno, but are all CZ 452 Brunos. Every CZ I've read about says made at the BRNO plant. So does that make it a Bruno or is there a CZ 452 non Bruno.
    Howdy Wallace,

As I understand it, CZ is a separate entity from BRNO, that built a copy of the BRNO design and called it the 452. If I recall right, it may have been a licensed copy. It's something to that effect.

I could be wrong, I'm going based on memory.

I distinctly recall being curious as to why ARA would not allow the BRNO rifles, but would allow the CZ rifles in the factory class. It is my understanding that the BRNO rifles were better quality. I bought a 452 for my son years ago, it was a good little rifle. At the time I had an extremely rare BRNO #3S (Stecher) with the double set triggers. The quality between the two was not the same. Of course, that was more of a competition rifle than the 452, but the quality was not the same.

I think the difference you ask about is a technical one, but the BRNO rifle I owned, and others I've seen struck me as more desirable.

I should have bought a left hand 452 before they discontinued. I'm not willing to pay current prices on them.

Take care,

Greg

Well BRNO is a city in the Czech republic so everyone of the CZ's I've read about says they are made in BRNO so I guess that does not make them a Bruno. I recall the Brunos but never really knew the difference. They use the CZ 452 and a Bruno model as the same but they may not be. I think the left handed version of the 452 is still made but I think they're overpriced.