Thread: It's up to $3,250.00...with six days to go...

It's up to $3,250.00...with six days to go...

CYA accuracy fool friends:

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Calfee View Post

CYA accuracy fool friends:

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

Howdy Bill,

Curiosity kills cats and Gregs.

What izzit and where izzit?

Take care,

Greg

Friend Bang

Quote Originally Posted by 404tbang View Post
    Howdy Bill,

Curiosity kills cats and Gregs.

What izzit and where izzit?

Take care,

Greg

Friend Bang:

The old Hawk calls you "Bang"..

Greg, call Gingersnap and he'll tell you what's going on, OK....

Cause I don't fully understand it myself....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

There are, I mean were, A Calfee Barreled Anschutz Exemplar I think, A Calfee 7mm XP, a Calfee 52, a Calfee XP 22 silhouette pistol, and a Calfee XP BR rifle. These were all on Cowen's auction site and the auction started about a week ago. I actually thought there was another Calfee rifle and I know there was a non-calfee in the group. All those auctions ended today.

Anschutz $750
    7mm XP $625
    22 XP with scope $2125 looks to be Leupold LER scope
    XP-100 BR pistol with 40X Leupold Competion $5313
    Winchester Model 52 D Tasco scope $2500

I make that to be $11,313 but all those prices include a 20% buyer's premium. So a little over $9,427 to the owner.

My personal opinion as far as best buys is:

1. XP Silhouette owing partially to the wood stock (left handed) and the scope.
    2. XP-100 BR pistol owing a great deal to the scope and the manual reset (it and 1 are close}
    3. Anschutz
    4. Model 52
    5. XP 7mm.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by wsmallwood View Post
    There are, I mean were, A Calfee Barreled Anschutz Exemplar I think, A Calfee 7mm XP, a Calfee 52, a Calfee XP 22 silhouette pistol, and a Calfee XP BR rifle. These were all on Cowen's auction site and the auction started about a week ago. I actually thought there was another Calfee rifle and I know there was a non-calfee in the group. All those auctions ended today.

Anschutz $750
    7mm XP $625
    22 XP with scope $2125 looks to be Leupold LER scope
    XP-100 BR pistol with 40X Leupold Competion $5313
    Winchester Model 52 D Tasco scope $2500

I make that to be $11,313 but all those prices include a 20% buyer's premium. So a little over $9,427 to the owner.

My personal opinion as far as best buys is:

1. XP Silhouette owing partially to the wood stock (left handed) and the scope.
    2. XP-100 BR pistol owing a great deal to the scope and the manual reset (it and 1 are close}
    3. Anschutz
    4. Model 52
    5. XP 7mm.
    I have no idea of Best Buy’s. Wally and I had this discussion off forum, after he told me about his post. I’m convinced that an open auction shows the true value of any goods.
    So take the values as they are. I personally feel they are a little low overall. I’ve never been able to get top dollar for any custom rifles I’ve sold. I’ve tossed and turned about putting up a Calfee Turbo for sale that was traded to me from the original owner.
    One reason for considering is it’s a right bolt, right port. It’s been “blueprinted” beyond others I’ve owned which heightened its value in my estimation.
    Buyers want bargains, Sellers want top dollar. Arbitrage rules
    Jerry Halcomb

Sure you know about best buys or at least your opinion of them. That's all mine is, just an opinion. How many farm auctions have you been to that you evaluated based on your opinion which was the best buy? I bet somebody else didn't agree and maybe they were right and maybe wrong. Bill does not agree with me and I like that. He should not be expected to agree with me or the other way around. His arguments for the best buy are very viable.