Rule or exception.Fortner action.

Timo

Heh,heh,now you Bill & Gingersnap got me confused...

Maybe Bill thought that I dont embroil or involve other discussions if keep me on "own" sandbox-:).Or quiet & silent...

If you wait that now I must wrote something wise here, dont wait it because it doesnt happened ever before.....

But about straight pull action.Fortner.

Maybe we talked sometimes something about it.I was discussing time ago with Lapua Test Center keeper and mostly about % of killer lots comparing time when Lapua 22 LR ammo was made here in Finland.

Normally they shoot first 2 x 10 shot groups/ lot and then sometimes 40 shot groups with best ones selected with 2 x 10 shot method.

<10 mm (0,394") groups (outside measured) are not very common to electronic target and Center keeper remember those for a while.Ofcourse on test centers most RF:s are prone & biathlon RF:s. RFBR guys are small % of visitors.

I.R.50/50 we use 2 piece rests and debends how stiff your loading cam is, sometimes sand is pressed little from other side and seen sometimes that POI changes.

That why was thinking straight pull action and asked from Lapua test range keeper how those Fortners has done.

He remember 1 Fortner shooted on outside range to 50 meter and it gave 2 x 10 shot groups both very near 10 mm ( 0,394") outside measured.

I dont know what barrel was on this Fortner and never heard that any RFBR guy used/tested thisway action.

On 1-piece rest this straight pull doesnt help but on I.R50/50 shooting maybe.

BR, Timo

fortner3.jpg

Last edited:
Friend gun fool Timo

Heh,heh,now you Bill & Gingersnap got me confused...

Maybe Bill thought that I dont embroil or involve other discussions if keep me on "own" sandbox-:).Or quiet & silent...

If you wait that now I must wrote something wise here, dont wait it because it doesnt happened ever before.....

But about straight pull action.Fortner.

Maybe we talked sometimes something about it.I was discussing time ago with Lapua Test Center keeper and mostly about % of killer lots comparing time when Lapua 22 LR ammo was made here in Finland.

Normally they shoot first 2 x 10 shot groups/ lot and then sometimes 40 shot groups with best ones selected with 2 x 10 shot method.

<10 mm (0,394") groups (outside measured) are not very common to electronic target and Center keeper remember those for a while.Ofcourse on test centers most RF:s are prone & biathlon RF:s. RFBR guys are small % of visitors.

I.R.50/50 we use 2 piece rests and debends how stiff your loading cam is, sometimes sand is pressed little from other side and seen sometimes that POI changes.

That why was thinking straight pull action and asked from Lapua test range keeper how those Fortners has done.

He remember 1 Fortner shooted on outside range to 50 meter and it gave 2 x 10 shot groups both very near 10 mm ( 0,394") outside measured.

I dont know what barrel was on this Fortner and never heard that any RFBR guy used/tested thisway action.

On 1-piece rest this straight pull doesnt help but on I.R50/50 shooting maybe.

BR, Timo

View attachment 4014

Friend gun fool Timo:

The stage is yours.....you'll come up with a bunch of futuristic topics to discuss, like you have ever since you've been a member of CYA.

Especially how to improve the ammo we use........

J-PAT and I will discuss what we can best do with what we already have to work with....particularly how to improve the actions and barrels we use....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

Back
Top Bottom