Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Now that the dust has settled...

  1. #1

    Now that the dust has settled...

    Now that the dust has settled...


    CYA accuracy fool friends:


    Starting with the Georgia State ARA, where Michael "Black Death" Sherill won not only the State Match but the proceeding 6 card club tournament, up through the ARA Indoor Nationals, which Michael "Black Death" Sherrill also won, and now that the dust has settled from those exciting two weekends of Big Time RFBR Competition....there remains the same overriding question:


    When is Holeshot Arms going to provide a MD-PAS ignition version of its Trident and 2500X model actions?


    The owners of these actions are literally praying for a MD-PAS ignition version.


    Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

    _________________________________


    Name:  DSC05055 - Copy (3) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  83.5 KB
    _________________________________

    Name:  DSC05055 - Copy (3) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  98.2 KB
    _________________________________

    Name:  DSC05055 - Copy (4) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  77.4 KB

    ____________________________________

    Name:  Black Death first test - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  124.6 KB

  2. #2

    What action did he use?

    What action did he use?


    CYA accuracy fool friends:


    Do any of you folks know what action was on the rifle that Wade Ownes was shooting at the ARA Indoor?


    I hope and pray for the sanity of SAP Nation it was a SAP action...


    Your pistol fool friend, BC

  3. #3

    Wink 2500X

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Calfee View Post
    What action did he use?


    CYA accuracy fool friends:


    Do any of you folks know what action was on the rifle that Wade Owens was shooting at the ARA Indoor?


    I hope and pray for the sanity of SAP Nation it was a SAP action...


    Your pistol fool friend, BC
    He used a 2500X with a Muller 8

    PS: Rumor has it that there's a DiOrio Turbo coming in the near future.......reliable source

    J Pat

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by JP65 View Post
    He used a 2500X with a Muller 8

    PS: Rumor has it that there's a DiOrio Turbo coming in the near future.......reliable source

    J Pat

    ________________________


    Friend J PAT:


    Thank you.....


    And congratulations to Mr Owens on his 2500....and he finished in the upper half of the field with his 2500X gun.


    J PAT, there's been nine 2500 targets fired during the last two ARA Indoor Nationals....

    Eight of those 2500 targets were produced by MD-PAS ignition shooters...

    Only one 2500 target, Mr Owens target, was produced by a SAP ignition action.


    No wonder the owners of Trident and 2500X actions are praying for Holeshot Arms to produce a MD-PAS ignition version of its SAP actions.


    Thank you again, your pistol fool friend, BC


    __________________________________


    PS:

    8-2500 targets produce by MD-PAS ignition shooters....

    And only 1-2500 target produce by a SAP ignition shooter.....Mr Owens.

    SAP Nation owes a huge debt of gratitude to Mr Owens.........


  5. #5

    Cherry picking

    It seems there was a few other matches shot that weekend.

    On the 275 money match, the top 3 were using Holeshot actions.

    The PSL was on Friday and is by most accounts, a harder target. In all history, there has only been a handful of 2500's shot. This match there were 3 shot. ALL were shot by Holeshot 2500X actions. One was shot by the winner, Brian Brandt. 3 of the top 10 finishers were shooting Holeshot actions. Not only was Brian's action a Holeshot, but the complete gun was built by them. The interesting thing about Holeshot building a gun is they really "build" it. They build all the parts: the action, tuner, scope bases and fit a rifled blank. The stock is their design, built in their shop using tooling designed there by Jerry and bedded using his design and tooling. Jerry even buys unlapped barrels a lot of times, so he laps many of the barrels in addition to all the chambering work. The only part they don't currently do is a trigger.

    I don't understand why you always feel the need to denigrate Holeshot and Jerry. They obviously do good work and supply a need. Where would the rimfire world be without them at this point? Not only do they build the gun parts, but just about everything else in the industry for KSS. I have talked with Jerry quite a lot, and at this point consider him a friend and a good guy.

    IF PAS actions are so much better, where where they in the PSL and how do you explain the PSL results? It sure seems the 2500X design far and away is the better mousetrap based on YOUR criteria.

    I don't know what your desire is in the end. IF you truly want Holeshot to put out a PAS, it seems you are going about it wrong. After the way you have treated him, I (and probably most people) would never build one just because you want it done.

  6. #6

    Mr Owens going to a MD-PAS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Calfee View Post

    ________________________


    Friend J PAT:


    Thank you.....


    And congratulations to Mr Owens on his 2500....and he finished in the upper half of the field with his 2500X gun.


    J PAT, there's been nine 2500 targets fired during the last two ARA Indoor Nationals....

    Eight of those 2500 targets were produced by MD-PAS ignition shooters...

    Only one 2500 target, Mr Owens target, was produced by a SAP ignition action.


    No wonder the owners of Trident and 2500X actions are praying for Holeshot Arms to produce a MD-PAS ignition version of its SAP actions.


    Thank you again, your pistol fool friend, BC


    __________________________________


    PS:

    8-2500 targets produce by MD-PAS ignition shooters....

    And only 1-2500 target produce by a SAP ignition shooter.....Mr Owens.

    SAP Nation owes a huge debt of gratitude to Mr Owens.........


    __________________________________


    Friend J PAT:


    I take it from your comment, reliable source, that Mr Owens may be going to a MD-PAS build.....


    If so I imagine he's excited......


    Your pistol fool friend, BC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •