Hudson Wright

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Hudson Wright

Hudson Wright

CYA accuracy fool friends:

MD-PAS ignition verses SAP ignition, even with our Junior shooters.....

Junior shooter Hudson Wright finished 17th at the ARA Indoor Nationals......shooting a Patterson MD-PAS ignition gun.

Hudson's score was 13825...

His closes Junior competitor finished 48th, shooting a SAP ignition gun...with a score of 13275.

This means that Hudson, with his MD-PAS gun, beat his closes Junior competitor, using a SAP ignition gun, by 550 points...

Please keep something in mind here:

The ARA Indoor Nationals is where rimfire accuracy is measured.......

Which means:

In a pure accuracy, heads up match between the best ARA Junior competitors, Hudson and his MD-PAS rifle half tracked the best Junior SAP ignition shooter by 550 points.

There's more....later.....much more.....I need some info...for a possible doodle of Hudson...

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

Hudson's amazing performance at the Indoor...

Hudson's amazing performance at the Indoor...

With junior shooter Hudson Wright's amazing performance at the ARA Indoor Nationals, he has to be the front runner for ARA Junior Shooter of the year.

When you beat the nearest junior competitor by over 500 points, at the highest profile, pure accuracy demanding event of the year, you have to be the leading candidate for ARA Junior Shooter Of The Year.

I thought I'd try to do a doodle.......and I need to know about how tall Hudson is......color of hair, and does he wear a cap?

Any help will be appreciated........either here or through someone who has my E-Mail....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

Dan's about 6' 3"

Dan's about 6' 3"

FB_IMG_1639089190432.jpg

Friend PT

Friend PT:

Thank you......

Paul, when most folks think of a "Junior ARA" shooter, after seeing a picture of Hudson, he's the picture perfect example of what most folks envision a Junior ARA shooter to be.....

I'm going to try to work up a doodle........

By the way I've asked J Pat this, but I'll ask you, too:

Do you know what rifle Hudson was shooting at the Indoor?

Thanks again for the picture of Hudson standing next to Dan, since this gives me a true idea of Hudson's size.......

Your pisto9l fool friend, BC

PS:

Doing full-on facial doodles is extremely difficult, this is why I do rear view doodles........especially when I've never met most of the folks I doodle...

But.............

I'm tempted to do a face view doodle of Hudson, because he looks a lot like Sylvester Stallone......

By the way, Sylvester Stallone is quite an artist.......google his artwork sometime.....

Rifle

Bill,

I'm not sure the name of the rifle Hudson was shooting but it's the one Jeff put into a blue stock.

Here's a couple more pictures for you of Hudson.

One with his Grandfather Anthony and another of Hudson with Dan accepting last year's Indoor Factory Junior Agg line and Aline trophies

FB_IMG_1639153368656.jpgFB_IMG_1639153447428.jpg.

Friend PT

Bill,

I'm not sure the name of the rifle Hudson was shooting but it's the one Jeff put into a blue stock.

Here's a couple more pictures for you of Hudson.

One with his Grandfather Anthony and another of Hudson with Dan accepting last year's Indoor Factory Junior Agg line and Aline trophies

View attachment 4087View attachment 4088.

Friend PT:

Thank you for the additional pictures....I see Hudson does wear a hat......good.....

Also, I talked to J Pat and the blue stock is the TENNESSEE STALLION.......

J-Pat fit one of your corrugated 8 barrels and re-stocked it in a Killough FF straight line...

The Stallion uses an early V-1 action.......

I originally built the Stallion on July, 9th of 2013......and fit two barrels to it.....a 4-MI and an experimental barrel of some sort....my records do not say what brand....

Obviously the Stallion can run with anyone.....as Hudson showed the world at the Indoor...

Now..................

Paul, or anyone here at CYA, I have a dilemma that I need some advice with.......someone who knows Hudson, his dad and grandad......

Do I do a standard "Congratulations on you great shooting" doodle....

Or......

A somewhat in-your-face doodle........nothing obscene or bad........just a cute comeback from Hudson......after I comment to him..

I'm craving to do the in-your-face doodle, cause it is cute.......but......I most certainly do not want the Wright family to take it wrong....or be embarrassed by it...................

I don't think they would be, but, you know how some folks are.....

Any thoughts about this, from you Paul or anyone else here at CYA...

Hudson

Bill,

I can tell you this about Hudson. He is very fierce competitor and doesn't like to be beat.

When he beats you he lets you know about it.

We ran a NCAA basketball style 64 person bracket at last year's Nationals.

Hudson beat Todd Wooten shooting Merlin and me shooting Grim Reaper. He wouldn't let us forget it all day lol.

Friend PT

Bill,

I can tell you this about Hudson. He is very fierce competitor and doesn't like to be beat.

When he beats you he lets you know about it.

We ran a NCAA basketball style 64 person bracket at last year's Nationals.

Hudson beat Todd Wooten shooting Merlin and me shooting Grim Reaper. He wouldn't let us forget it all day lol.

Friend PT:

Thank you......based on your comments, I don't think my slightly "in-your-face" doodle would be out of line...

But................

To Hudson, his father and his grandad:

If you folks would rather me not do the doodle this way, please contact Paul or J-PAT and let them know....OK.

Now Paul:

Here's something freaky.....

If you look back at my posts, you'll see that I made reference to Hudson resembling Sylvester Stallone before I knew the name of the rifle he shot at the Indoor...

Now this is freaky......In the movie "Rocky", Stallone's ring name was the "Italian Stallion"........

And now we find out that Hudson was shooting the "Tennessee Stallion"............

That is freaky, to say the least......

The only thing that would make this more freaky, would be to find out Hudson is of Italian decent.....

I'll wait a couple days to post my doodle of Hudson, to give the Wright family time to respond if they don't want it that way...

Breaking news...

Breaking news...

I just heard that the Wright family has acquired "HOPEWELL"..........

My goodness...............

The HOPEWELL rifle is a study in RFBR history.......too much to discuss now....maybe later...

Anyway.....

HOPEWELL is an old Calfee that J-PAT has turned back into a 'KILLER"...I mean a double bad killer....

With Hudson shooting the Tennessee Stallion, I wonder which of the Wright family will be shooting HOPEWELL?

Man, what a fortunate find for the Wright family......

Selby Wright would be proud..............................

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

J-Pat......I know how HOPEWELL shoots after your work..........you've produced another killer................bc

Back
Top Bottom