SPEC P-2.......

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
SPEC P-2.......

CYA accuracy fool friends:

J-Pat is now working on SPEC P-2...........

Jeff has the V-3 completely blueprinted and has just finished taper lapping a barrel and has it fit and ready for the initial testing, as soon as the wind permits....

CYA accuracy fool friends, I'm the luckiest guy in the world......I get to converse with Jeff as he builds his line of SPEC rifles......

With him doing all the work......and me getting to follow the proceedings from the comfort of my home....I'm lucky.

I'm also lucky because Jeff is bringing back all the memories of when I built my SPEC rifles......

So I'm kinda getting to do it all over again.......

P1000252 - Copy (7) - Copy - Copy.JPG

Your lucky pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

SPEC P-2.......

J-Pat is now working on SPEC P-2...........

Jeff has the V-3 completely blueprinted and has just finished taper lapping a barrel and has it fit and ready for the initial testing, as soon as the wind permits....

CYA accuracy fool friends, I'm the luckiest guy in the world......I get to converse with Jeff as he builds his line of SPEC rifles......

With him doing all the work......and me getting to follow the proceedings from the comfort of my home....I'm lucky.

I'm also lucky because Jeff is bringing back all the memories of when I built my SPEC rifles......

So I'm kinda getting to do it all over again.......

View attachment 4255

Your lucky pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

Bill, that's great news. Only 6 more Spec's until Jeff starts on Spec P9 - Tombstone. I can't hardly wait to see it up close!

Friend Tombstone

Bill, that's great news. Only 6 more Spec's until Jeff starts on Spec P9 - Tombstone. I can't hardly wait to see it up close!

Friend Tombstone:

I'm on the phone with Jeff right now......I read your post to him.......he said to be patient, Tombstone will be a killer...

Jeff says to say HI.....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

P1000252 - Copy (7) - Copy - Copy.JPG

Friend Gjmen22

What type of barrel was lapped for SPEC P-2?

Friend Gjmen22:

A Muller corrugated 8.....

Testing weather is nonexistent right now.....

But.......

A schnidt can shoot a few rounds, even in terrible wind, and see if the bullets are stable or turn sideways.....which would mean the barrel was no good....

So Jeff took a lot of Midas + that he bought untested and which he uses for foulers since the stuff has not performed in any gun he's tried it in.......

He called me and said he was amazed at the accuracy of this lot of Lapua, even in the terrible conditions....this lot shot better in this particular barrel than it has in other barrels....

He said he's anxious to get some good conditions........

But so far he's pretty tickled.....

13 very fortunate RFBR shooters...

There's 13 RFBR shooters who are enjoying their adventure of becoming a Patterson SPEC Rifle owner.

The excitement and anticipation is an adventure in itself.....

Nothing worth while comes cheap, or easy to get.......

And I'm so lucky, too, as I get to be a part of J-Pat's process, even to the point of being able to shoot some of his SPECS...

I'd love to get to shoot them all, but that might not be possible.....

Anyway..................

SPEC P-1........isn't this a gorgeous RFBR rifle.....

DSC01845.jpg

PS:

Now don't hold me to this, OK....

But, I believe Jeff told me that one of the SPECS may be named "Red River".......which I really like, kinda like Tombstone.....

There's 13 RFBR shooters who are enjoying their adventure of becoming a Patterson SPEC Rifle owner.

The excitement and anticipation is an adventure in itself.....

Nothing worth while comes cheap, or easy to get.......

And I'm so lucky, too, as I get to be a part of J-Pat's process, even to the point of being able to shoot some of his SPECS...

I'd love to get to shoot them all, but that might not be possible.....

Anyway..................

SPEC P-1........isn't this a gorgeous RFBR rifle.....

View attachment 4257

PS:

Now don't hold me to this, OK....

But, I believe Jeff told me that one of the SPECS may be named "Red River".......which I really like, kinda like Tombstone.....

Bill, I can confirm that. Red River is a great name from a John Wayne movie of the same name.

Tombstone

Friend Tombstone

Bill, I can confirm that. Red River is a great name from a John Wayne movie of the same name.

Tombstone

Friend Tombstone:

That's awesome.......I liked Red River the first time I heard that name mentioned for a J-Pat SPEC......

You know, something interesting is happening because of the Internet and its world wide access, and CYankee Accuracy:

SPEC P-9, TOMBSTONE, is becoming an iconic RFBR rifle, and it's not even built yet........

20210316_164824 - Copy - Copy (14) - Copy - Copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom